Dirt 5 has today launched update 6.02 across many platforms, so here’s the full list of changes and additions coming with this patch. Today’s patch mainly focusing on tackling a lot of technical fixes and bugs that have been plaguing the game, but there is one piece of new content. This comes in the form of the Tricks ‘N Treats Halloween Pack, introducing a good handful of Halloween-themed items to toy around with. It’s great to see the team celebrating the Halloween season a month ahead of time, for all of you who love Halloween to death. Without further adieu, here’s everything new with Dirt 5 update 6.02!
Dirt 5 Update 6.02 Patch Notes
- ‘Tricks N Treats’ Halloween Playgrounds pack: Free Playgrounds item set of Halloween-themed objects for use in Gate Crasher, Smash Attack, and Gymkhana. Available from October 1, 2021.
Technical Fixes and Changes
- New tweaks to general light, shade, and reflections will be noticeable across every location and scenario, particularly in night-time events, leading to more realistic and natural lighting
- Steam: Fixed issue causing online cross-platform matchmaking to not work on Steam
- Xbox One: Fixed issue causing audio distortion in rare occurrences
- PS5: Resolved issue of audio cutting out when the game is started with a racing wheel connected
- Xbox: Resolved instances of crashes when users sign out of their profile
- Fixed instances of crashes when viewing a player card and playing offline
- Career objectives will now be shown in the post-race rewards menus appropriately
- PC: When using Fanatec pedals connected directly to the PC, the pedals will now be detected and usable
- Fixed issue causing a player’s Playgrounds Weekly Challenge position to not show if they do not have rewards available
Dirt 5 and update 6.02 are available on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox platforms. The game is available on Google Stadia as well, but the update is planned for a later date on the platform. For more information regarding this update, check out the official website.