It is difficult not to compare Disney Dreamlight Valley with Animal Crossing. After all, both games have arrived at a great time when people want to play this genre. What is the gimmick of the latest game though? The opportunity to see some familiar Disney and Pixar characters. In this game, inviting characters to your village has more steps than in Animal Crossing. This can be either good or bad, depending on the player. Here, we like how the game handles getting new Disney Dreamlight Valley characters for the village. And, if you’re looking for ways to expand your roster of Disney Dreamlight Valley villagers, today we tell you how.
How to Unlock All Disney Dreamlight Valley Characters
Unlocking all Disney Dreamlight Valley characters could take a while, depending on how much you play. Yet, the game helps you with unlocking some of them. You start the game with four characters already in the valley. These Disney Dreamlight Valley villagers are:
- Merlin: Unlocked by default when you start the game.
- Mickey Mouse: Unlocked when you enter his house and finish his first quests.
- Scrooge McDuck: You can find him outside of his store. Once you fix it, he’ll stay there.
- Goofy: As soon as you get the pickaxe, make your way down the map to find him outside of his house. Open his stall and he’ll be part of your roster of Disney Dreamlight Valley characters.
These four villagers are the easiest to get because they don’t need a lot of effort. You can get them while doing the tutorial quests. Mikey teaches you how to cook and harvest, Goofy teaches you how to fish, and Scrooge teaches you the wonders of money. Just a few of the features the game has. However, for the next characters, you need to progress Merlin’s quest to unlock the Dream Castle. While doing Mickey’s quests, you’ll also get the chance to unlock Minnie to join your village.
How to Get Dreamlight in Disney Dreamlight Valley
Once you’ve unlocked the Dream Castle, Merlin will give you the option to open one of three doors. Behind these doors, you’ll find the following Disney Dreamlight Valley villagers:
- Moana and Maui: To get them, all you have to do is follow a short quest. Moana will be the first one to arrive and Maui will get there as soon as you finish Moana’s quest.
- Remy: You can travel to his world to finish his questline and he’ll make his way to your valley.
- Wall-E: Same as the others, you just need to hop inside his realm and finish the quest to get him.
Now, there is another door that leads to Elsa and Anna’s realm, the lands of Frozen. You also have to do their quests to get them into your valley. So far, these are the Disney Dreamlight Valley characters that can inhabit your island. Yet, this game just released and it’s still in Early Access. There are other 26 doors that we’ll be able to visit and there are already some confirmed characters from other universes. Such as Toy Story and Beauty & the Beast. All we have to do is wait for the day we can cross those doors and get more characters to join our villages.