Disney Speedstorm is a racing game with characters from Disney and Pixar movies, with tracks featuring worlds like Pirates of the Caribbean. The game is in paid Early Access, much like the Animal Crossing look-alike Disney Dreamlight Valley. Similar to other racing games, Disney Speedstorm includes many different powerups players can collect throughout the race. Once the powerup has been used, another one can be collected. Each powerup has a different ability to throw off other racers, causing them to spin out and fall behind. This guide will be going over all the different powerups and what each of them does in Disney Speedstorm.
What Each Powerup Does in Disney Speedstorm
Powerups in Disney Speedstorm are as important as they’re in any racing game. However, many of the special moves in this game are different than what people would typically expect. Certain powerups even do more than one thing during races. Below is a list of each powerup and a breakdown of what each one does.
- Boost – allows the player to get a boost of nitro fuel, press to instantly get a small boost, or hold to get more over some time.
- Shield – pressing protects the player from one single hit, or holding can Stun an opponent on the race track.
- Shot – allows the player to fire a projectile at an opponent unguided while holding will send out a guided one.
- Rush – this lets the player dash forward faster than normal.
- Fire – this activates a fire aura around the player, if held, it will create an explosion, but if it is activated backward, it will create a fire trail.
- Bomb – this can be thrown at an opponent ahead of you.
- Hack – disrupts a racer in front of you unguided while holding gives you a guided projectile toward the player. If players activate it backward, it will create a disruptive wall.
- Cloak – this will make the player invisible for a couple of seconds. Holding it will allow the player to become invisible for a couple of seconds and then Stun any opponents close by.
Hopefully, this list has helped explain all the different powerups in Disney Speedstorm. Using these will really help players get the upper hand against their opponents and win the race. Also, note that leveling up is a key way to win more races in the game, as the Al does make it a challenge for players to win.
Disney Speedstorm is available now on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC.