Update 1.31 has arrived for Divine Knockout, and here are the changes and bug fixes that came with this patch. It’s been a month since we don’t see any new updates, so it’s a good time to get another one. There were noticeable complaints about the game’s stability, and some features needed rework. Today’s patch is an answer for the errors in the game, and you can even notice a few things while playing Divine Knockout. Here are the patch notes for Divine Knockout update 1.31.
Divine Knockout Update 1.31 Patch Notes
New God: Loki
Loki is a trickster, his agility and precision in using daggers make him unpredictable and lethal on the battleground. His acrobatic playstyle is even more powerful while in the air, thanks to empowered attacks. He is also a master of illusions and effects, employing invisibility, poison, magical daggers that obscure the vision of his opponents, and the most powerful trick of all, the creation of a clone that explodes at his command.
- Loki leaps into the air with momentum. His next aerial attack is Empowered, dealing more damage and heavy knockback.
- Loki throws a magical spinning dagger forward that dazes enemies and obscures their vision, as well as dealing damage and knockback.
Hidden in Shadows
- Loki enters Stealth, becoming invisible for a short time. The first attack out of stealth applies poison to enemies, dealing additional damage over time.
- Loki spawns a clone that explodes after charging up, dealing massive damage and knockback to enemies in the area of the explosion. However, Loki can refire the ability early to trick his opponents at the cost of dealing less damage and knockback.
Loki – Nordic Nomad – Shop
BIG WIN: 3v3 Arcade becomes 3v3 with Knockout only
- The main 3v3 Arcade queue will be moved to include only 3v3 Knockout.
- We are going to bring back King of the Hill, Oddball, and Coin Blitz as limited-time modes in the future.
New Feature: Banners
- Want to flex a bit more on your enemies? Banners are now available!
- A new cosmetic that is shown to players after you knock them out, Banners are a great way to add some style to your skills!
New Feature: Skin & God Purchasing during character select
- Queue popped before you could pick up that new Amaterasu skin? Missed using a god token on the newly released Loki before jumping into a 2v2? No worries – Skin and God Purchasing is now available in the Character Select!
- We’ve given a bit of spice to the Title cosmetic in DKO – and now show it in a bunch of new places
- Titles are now displayed in the Lobby, Character Select, In-Game Scoreboard, and End of Match Scoreboard
Scoreboard Update: Damage Done column
- Players can now see their Damage Done on the Scoreboard
- Knockouts and Assists aren’t the only important part of combat in DKO – dishing out damage is vital to success!
Moved Loadout during Character Selection to Skin Selection
- We are working on the Character Select phase a bit – we moved the Loadout selection into the phase after selecting the Character into the phase where Skin selection is made
General Combat Changes
- Canceling ground-targeted movement abilities (e.g., Thor, Susano) now consumes the full cooldown.
We have found players using the cancellation of ground-targeted movement abilities to refresh and continue attack chains in the air to impressive effect. While we don’t want to remove this tactic from the playbook at this stage, we are increasing the “cost” of this playstyle by setting the movement ability on a full cooldown (rather than the half cooldown it has been).
We’re looking to address the difficulty in facing off against Amaterasu is her high combo potential that can make an opponent feel quite powerless in some instances. Critically, we’re removing the easy options for her to trigger her Ultimate ability from other attacks, giving an opponent a window for escape and allowing for more counter-play in these situations.
- Amaterasu will not be able to use her “Final Light” ability until the animations for her Air Light, Sunseeker Dash, or Sunlit Uppercut are finished.
- Removed the ability to jump-cancel Heavenly Strike on the successful first hit.
Arthur’s performance has been steadily improving over recent patches, but we’re making what I hope will be the last set of buffs for a while as he settles into a better competitive spot, focusing on increasing the damage and knockback of some of his abilities.
- Increased damage of Albion’s Rally from 5 to 8.
- Increased damage of Might of Excalibur from 23 to 26.
- Increased Heavy Air Attack damage from 5 to 6.
- Slice Through: Increased additional knockback by Air Heavy Attacks from 15% to 20%.
We’re making a couple of adjustments to reduce the power of Athena’s aerial playstyle to make it more balanced and reduce instances where players can exploit the spear’s placement.
- Reduce the lifetime of the spear from Spear Toss from 5s to 4s.
- Increased the cooldown of Parry from 13s to 14s.
- Incoming: Reduced the additional knockback from 20% to 15%.
The lovely goddess of death is in a good place, so we’re just making one change to bring her Ambush talent in line with others that also boost the ultimate charge percentage.
- Ambush: Reduced additional ultimate charge rate from 15% to 12%.
Sol has been underperforming across all queues, particularly in Duel and Brawl. Given the value that her ultimate brings to her kit, we’re reducing its prefire slightly to increase the skill check for her opponents to avoid getting hit.
- Reduced prefire of Supernova’s fireball by 0.05s.
Sun Wukong has been dominating Duel and Brawl in recent weeks, so we’re reducing the impact of two of his most impactful abilities.
- Increased cooldown of The Magic Cudgel from 14s to 16s.
- The clone now deals 30% less damage than Sun Wukong.
We’re pleased to see that the changes made to Susano in the last patch have had the intended result to bring him in line with the other gods. He’s still over-performing a little so we’ve got a few more targeted changes to smooth over some undesirable power spikes.
- Increased prefire of Air Light from 0.25s to 0.3s.
- Reduced the hitbox size of the Light Attack chain by 20%.
- Send Off: Additional damage by Air Heavy attacks reduced from 4 to 3.
In the current meta, Thanatos has had a slightly overstated presence in all queues, so we’re making two small changes to reduce his highest impact points..
- The number of healing orbs released by players from Soul Leech has been reduced from 5 to 4.
- Unyielding: The cap per attack has been reduced from 3 to 2.
Thor has been in a healthy competitive place for most skill brackets, so we’re making a few talent tweaks to improve his build diversity.
- Warrior’s Madness: Reduced additional damage from 6 to 5.
- Face The Hammer: The additional damage of the final hits of Light Attack chains has been reduced from 6 to 5.
- Crashing Down: Additional damage by Anvil of Dawn reduced from 10 to 8.
The recent changes to Zeus’ ultimate were quite impactful but our attempts to reduce its presence made for an unintended nerf. We’re balancing this out by increasing the usefulness of the initial part of the ability.
- Increased the number of bolts thrown at a time for the first part of Heaven’s Rage from 3 to 4.
- Sol’s Temper: Reduced additional damage done to the last enemy that knocked you out from 25% to 15% and the additional damage if you haven’t been knocked out from 12.5% to 10%.
- Sharpened Sickle: Reduced cap per Attack or Ability from 3 to 2.
- Upward Slash: Reduced additional damage done by Air Heavy attacks from 4 to 3.
- Air Supremacy: The cap for additional damage per attack has been reduced from 6 to 4.
- Moved Spawn Points for Team 1 further away from the Bank on Coin Blitz, so both teams are more at an equal distance away from it.
- Improved collision around the edges of the map to allow for more consistent clamber behaviour.
- Adjustment to the collision along the corner edges of the platforms no longer causes rare instances of players bouncing inwards towards the platform.
- Disabled collision on a platform below the KO floor that you could previously stand on.
- Changed the collision along the central ramp to be one single ramp, to allow for more fluid movement.
- Made the collision around the giant bookcase more shape-accurate and moved the bookcase back by 1,5 meters.
We also fixed a bunch of bugs (it may or may not be more than 100 this time). We hear your feedback and would like to share more fixes here:
- Quests: Fixed progress tracking of Projectile damage & Hold Heavy KOs.
- Fixed crash when loading out of the Combat Room in the Practice Map.
- Fixed a crash sometimes caused by Izanami’s “Spectral Projection”.
- Izanami can jump while aiming “Seeking Sickle”.
- Attacking out of tiger form of Sun Wukong’s “72 Transformations” ability will no longer cause the player camera to stutter.
- Fixed a bug where Sun Wukong’s staff would be invisible when attacking from off-screen.
- Thor’s icons will longer be swapped for “Mjolnir’s Attunement” and “Tectonic Rift”.
- Ymir can no longer early jump cancel on Light Attack 2.
- Ymir’s turn speed while channeling “Frost Breath” will no longer be reduced at any FPS.
- Fixed animation bug where aimed abilities sometimes play a land animation when the ability ends.
- Team indicators will now show character locations even when high in the air.
- Updated the way craters are displayed.
- All characters will now play their intro animations at the same time at the start of the first round of a match.
- Fixed issue with player titles appearing in unintended menus.
- Titles in character selection will no longer appear as “No Title” if a player has none equipped.
- Added Esc menu (Settings & Quit) access to the character selection screen.
- In character selection, gods will now play a selection animation when equipping a skin.
- Fixed an issue where Settings menu dropdowns would conflict with pop-ups.
- The favorite God button hitbox has been adjusted to always be the same size as it looks.
- Fixed UI issue in Brawl where the announcements would show the incorrect score.
- Fixed audio bug in Brawl where the Announcer would play random announcements over the correct elimination line.
- Player HUD no longer disappears in-game after the first round in duel and brawl.
- All valid matches now correctly count progress toward achievements and profile stats (KOs, Minutes Played, etc.)
- Missing fanfare for some login rewards will no longer be missing.
- Added access to the scoreboard at most points in the game.
- Banned accounts will now see the appropriate error message.
The update is filled with new heroes and bug fixes. Today’s update is undoubtedly a major update that makes significant changes to the game. As the content is big, the download size is insane. Don’t forget to download the update at your best time. The update size might depend on the platform you play, so we can’t precisely know the size. Divine Knockout is available on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series. For more information regarding this patch, please visit the official Divine Knockout site.