Stars of Ruin is one of the most sought-after Incantations or magic spells in Elden Ring. Requiring 43 points of Intelligence and a rather high FP cost to cast, nevertheless, this spell can easily cause huge damage to the enemy’s health and poise as well as almost impossible to roll through thanks to the high number of projectiles. Here’s how you can find the Stars of Ruin spell and dominate Elden Ring PVP fights.
Stars of Ruin Spell Location in Elden Ring
You need to follow the “Sorceress Sellen” Questline to be able to obtain the Stars of Ruin Incantation spell. It’s a rather lengthy quest, but here are the steps to get the Incantation after you go through about 2/3 of the Questline:
- First, find Sorceress Sellen in Waypoint Ruins in Limgrave.
- There are poisonous flowers that can be destroyed using Fire weapons or Fire Grease, but you don’t actually have to do it to progress.
- You can find a hidden underground entrance instead; look for an enclosed area in the ruins, then use Torrent to double-jump over the walls.
- Beat a Mad Pumpkin Head boss to gain access to her room in the underground and the Waypoint Ruins Cellar Site of Grace.
- Now open the door in the back of the room and talk to Sorceress Sellen. Become her student and choose all dialogue options available to exhaust her dialogues.
- Now she can sell you Sorcery spells, and you can expand her wares with Books.
- Continue on with the main story quests until you reach Mt. Gelmir in the Altus Plateau.
- Look for Primeval Sorcerer Azur in the Hermit’s Village, southeast of the volcano or near the Abductor Virgin Site of Grace. When interacting with the silent NPC (or maybe he is a corpse? I’m not sure), he’ll give you the Comet Azur spell.
- Fast travel to the Waypoint Ruins Cellar Site of Grace and talk to Sellen to show her the Comet Azure spell. Clear all of the available dialogues, then accept her request for help to find Master Lusat. She’ll also give you Sellian Sealbreaker item for this quest.
- Head to The Sellia Hideaway, northeast of Sellia Town in Caelid. There’s where Master Lusat is.
- However, to be able to access The Sellia Hideaway in the northern part of Sellia Town, you have to light three Braziers/torches across the town’s rooftops.
- Once done, get out of town through the north exit into the Church of the Plague
- There is a Site of Grace in the church, and you should also obtain an Imbued Sword Key item to be used at the Four Belfries.
- To the northwest of the Church of the Plague, there is a graveyard with an aggressive Sorcerer in it. Kill him and find an illusion wall behind the largest headstone in the area.
- You’re now inside The Sellia Hideaway. Go through the dungeon, beat a trio of Crystallians boss, then keep going through illusion walls until you find a cavern area full of huge crystals.
- Cross a horizontal crystal bridge, then head to the right to see a Crystal Miner blocking the path, kill him.
- You can get past him by taking right before crossing the crystal bridge and then jumping over the crystal walls instead.
- Now, as the classic Dark Souls saying says, “Treasure ahead.” Jump down the hole in front of you — carefully. Make sure to use any crystals on your way down as jumping platforms.
- You should be able to locate a door with a glowing seal at the end of the cave hallway. However, there’s a Sorcerer guarding it. Beat him.
- Open the sealed door using the Sellian Sealbreaker to find Master Lusat. Talk to him to finally get the Stars of Ruin Incantation in your hand.
The “Sorceress Sellen” Questline isn’t finished yet, but that’s the end of it if all you search for is the Incantation. If you need more help to find the Stars of Ruin spell, watch EternityInGaming’s Elden Ring video below