Elite Dangerous has today launched update 1.57 across console platforms, so here’s the full list of changes and fixes with this patch. As with most patches, admittedly today’s looks to just tackle some long-running bugs rather than introduce any new content to the game. That obviously doesn’t sound like anything exciting, but hey, who’s going to complain about a stronger, more refined experience? I’m certain the team will have something more substantial soon, but only time will tell. Without further adieu, here’s everything new with Elite Dangerous update 1.57!
Elite Dangerous Update 1.57 Patch Notes
- A fix has been implemented for engineered weapons dealing extreme amounts of damage.
- Console players can no longer go Supersize for an extra ‘X credits’ (McDonald’s references? Come on, Sally…).
- Other issues with values/damage multipliers across regular weapons have also been addressed.
- A fix has been implemented to address an issue whereby extremely large value combat bonds would be displayed incorrectly, preventing hand-in.
- This issue actually looked more like you were being swindled by Interstellar Factors for an overinflated number of credits. This was actually an issue with how the game was choking a bit on really high numbers.
- Top bounties now display correctly in each system.
- No more ‘fake news’ with crime stats.
- Improvements have been made to material fragments when they are mined from deposits.
- This will reduce the likelihood of fragments getting stuck inside asteroids.
- Fix for a server crash.
- Again, one of those infamous blips which in ‘server land’ definitely aren’t random, but they’re a bit complex to run through in the notes here.
It’s worth noting before we continue that the team are considering this list the “updates of note”. This likely means that other things were changed, but are likely things we don’t care about. With that out of the way, like said this update brings with it just some bug fixes across console platforms, which isn’t unwelcome. Especially for server crashes and balance issues of the sort.
Elite Dangerous and update 1.57 are now available on PlayStation and Xbox platforms. The title is also available on PC. For more information regarding today’s patch, check out the official forums.