Escape from Tarkov has today launched its October 21 update on PC, so here’s the full list of changes and fixes with this patch! As this is mainly just a client update and doesn’t constitute a full set of patch notes on their website, the team has instead opted for a short set of tweets on their official Twitter page (link at the bottom of this article) detailing the few fixes they’ve made. As these aren’t anything crazy, don’t go in expecting a heap of content. Without further adieu, here’s everything new with Escape from Tarkov in its October 21 update!
Escape from Tarkov October 21 Update Patch Notes
- Shadows within a 500-meter radius were displayed incorrectly after restarting the game.
- Ability to throw a grenade through the wall at The Lab location.
- Items from the “Mail” tab would not mouse-drag into a container with free space.
- Ability to put money into secured containers above the established limit.
- Missing error message when trying to install a mod on to a weapon with no free surrounding slots.
- Ammo would freeze if player tried to put it into magazines at the Scav item transfer screen.
- Missing “slot is not empty” contextual hint when trying to install a weapon mod on to an equipped weapon.
Like said, there really isn’t much to talk about. Though with that being said, all these issues being fixed are quite nice. While in other games, things like shadows bugging out wouldn’t be much to be concerned about, in this game that can mean the difference between winning and losing a fight. This is even more true of the grenade fix within the Lab location of the Tarkov map, which can be devastating on the receiving end. Sure, you’re not going to launch the game right now in anticipation of seeing these fixes, but they’re great to see anyways.