Battlestate Games announced an update coming to Escape From Tarkov today, and according to its patch notes, several fixes will be made. The multiplayer first-person shooter first launched in July 2017 and five years later, continues with regular updates. Today, developers said, “We have installed an update containing several technical fixes and changes. The game will not stop; however, on servers undergoing updates, raid time may be reduced to 10 minutes. Please download the update via the launcher.” This is excellent news for players who planned to spend a good portion of today lost in the first-person shooter.
Escape From Tarkov is set in the fictional region of Norvinsk, during a time of war between two private military companies. Players can join matches called “raids,” which allow them to fight other players and bots in a multiplayer world for the chance to win various loot.
Check out the patch notes below for January 31.
Escape From Tarkov January 31 Update Patch Notes
● Various client optimizations.
List of fixes:
● Fixed incorrect grenade explosion sound when throwing it from indoors to outdoors;
● Tactical fleece beanie no longer cancels the deafening effect from Tagilla’s’ welding masks;
● Fixed an issue of not being able to cancel loading into an offline raid when loading a map;
● Fixed incorrect display of Shturman’s’ wound traces;
● Fixed incorrect weapon shadows with an equipped flashlight;
● Fixed an issue causing flashlights to go through obstacles;
● Fixed an ability to check the chamber of stationary weapons;
● Fixed an issue of incorrect character description localization on the character selection screen after changing language;
● Fixed an issue with presets used on weapons that can’t be listed for sale on the Flea Market;
● Raiders will no longer inspect their weapons while on patrol;
● Player name now hides correctly on the Scav item turn-in screen with Streamer Mode enabled;
● The reload of a weapon with an internal magazine now cancels correctly after exiting the Shooting Range in the Hideout;
● The Wish-List tab on Flea Market now collapses correctly after using the filter by item search;
● Fixed an issue of the cursor not disappearing when switching into first-person mode in the Hideout.
Fixed several animations while interacting with weapons:
● Colt M1911, Colt M45A1 – fixed incorrect trigger behavior while fixing malfunctions;
● TT-33, Golden TT-33 – fixed incorrect trigger behavior while trying to shoot during malfunction fixing animation;
● HK MP7A2 – fixed incorrect visuals of the left hand during malfunctions with an equipped vertical foregrip;
● Saiga-12k – fixed clipping of the right hand while fixing malfunctions and during the jammed bolt animation;
● Kel-Tec RFB – fixed floating cartridge during the failure to feed malfunction while having two rounds in the magazine.
Escape From Tarkov is available online for all PC gamers.