Great Things Come in Big Packages…
In a unique display of narrative game presentation, the Spanish folks over at Deconstructeam have prepared a package deal. Entitled Essays on Empathy, this compilation of unusual digital tales features 10 different experiences into one complete purchase. Not to mention that Devolver Digital will be handling its publishing.
Essays on Empathy collects nine previously released games from Deconstructeam, with one being a new exclusive to the collection. The team released these titles through the web, each having its own pages and download links. But with this new curation, the team will also be unveiling behind-the-scenes content with a Premium Collector’s edition. This includes a documentary, insights into design, and sketches.
Additionally, the collection will feature more than two hours of original music by Paula Ruiz, aka fingerspit. She’s a one-woman instrumental band who first saw her rise to geek fandom after she posted her songs on the 4chan website. She also composed music for two of Deconstructeam’s more popular titles: Gods Will Be Watching and The Red Strings Club.
Essays on Empathy Trailer and Games
The collection includes the following games:
- Underground Hangovers – the Metroidvania platformer with plenty of alcohol
- Supercontinent LTD – a detective story where impersonating others is the name of the game
- Behind Every Great One – a more personal tale about relationships
- Eternal Home Floristry – one where a hitman takes a job at a flower shop
- The Bookshelf Limbo – browse a bookstore filled with weird books
- Zen and the Art of Transhumanism – improve the human race through pottery in a cyberpunk setting
- Engolasters January 2021 – a “real” depiction of an “actual” incident that would’ve happened in January 2021
- 11:45 A Vivid Life – a short tale where a girl discovers that her skeleton is not her own
- Dear Substance Of Kin – the more horror-based inclusion with baleful dialogue and instances
- De Tres Al Cuarto – the newest game from Deconstructeam, this one is a deckbuilding comedy that follows a couple of amateur comedians
It’s not the sort of role play I’m a connoisseur of, but 10-for-1 is a good deal no matter what your kinks are.” – Devolver Digital CMO Fork Parker on Essays on Empathy’s release
Players can wishlist the collection now through the Steam page for its May 18 release. It’s only a couple of weeks away, so there’s plenty of time to check out the trailer and the Essays on Empathy website, where you can scroll through each individual title and see some of the behind-the-scenes magic. If you have played any of Deconstructeam’s games, let us know what your experiences were in the comments. We’re definitely excited to witness another Devolver Digital product step into the spotlight.