Eternity: The Last Unicorn, the “Nordic mythos action-RPG” will be releasing for PC and PlayStation 4 on March 5th. This was announced today by the game’s publisher and developer, 1C Entertainment and Void Studios. You can check out the trailer for this exciting new indie game below.
“In a land destroyed by a curse, the young elf, Aurehen, is called upon to save the last unicorn and restore peace to the Reign of Alfheim. According to the ancient scrolls, only Aurehen can touch the Unicorn and free him and the elves from this evil curse. With the support of Bior, a Viking searching for his missing troops, Aurehen will explore the large and beautiful realm of Vanaheim, a universe, and culture inspired by Nordic folklore. Meet friends and defeat evil monsters to seal your fate… The time has come to claim Eternity.”
Eternity: The Last Unicorn uses a fixed camera system similar to many other “old-school” action-RPGs. The game also promises to offer players satisfyingly deep skill and weapon progression systems. The game’s world is heavily inspired by, and tied to Nordic folklore. Featuring everything from the Fenris Wolf to Yggdrasil the World Tree. So, if you have even a passing interest in those kinds of things then this might be a game for you.
Some of Eternity: The Last Unicorn’s key features.
- Two playable characters: The young elf, Aurehen, and the Viking, Bior – each with a unique backstory and character abilities.
- Over 12 hours of deep action-RPG gameplay to explore
- Fixed camera system reminiscent of old-school RPGs
- Skill, weapon, and ability progression tied into exploration and character growth
- An original soundtrack built to convey both the Nordic and fantastical themes of Eternity
- Discover and use new and more powerful items as you progress through the game.
Interested players will be able to pick up Eternity: The Last Unicorn on the PlayStation Store, and Steam on March 5th for $19.99. An Xbox One release is planned for sometime later this year.