A game with role-playing features set in space? Sign me up! Rockfish Games’ much-anticipated space looter shooter, Everspace 2, is now available via Steam Early Access and GOG Games in Development. For $39.99 you can experience and explore two “extensive” star systems! The full version will feature 25-plus hours of exciting space combat, mining, puzzle-solving, crafting, and good ol’ RPG-style grinding.
The Early Access version of Everspace 2, on the other hand, will have full English voice acting for the first 12+ hours of the campaign along with several side missions later in the story.
Everspace 2 Early Access – Features & Updates
As pilots progress through the first stages of the Early Access content, they will be able to upgrade their passive skills in combat, looting, crafting, ship repair, and more. Other abilities can also be unlocked by investing resources into “companion perks.” Everspace 2 allows you to freely explore several star systems and take on RPG-like quests. Players will be able to use their quest rewards to upgrade equipment, perks, and passive skills.
According to Rockfish Games, there will be quarterly updates throughout the Early Access period that will add more features to the game. This includes:
- New star systems, locations, enemies, activities, etc. (8 star systems planned for v1.0)
- Additional player ship subclasses and tiers (9 subclasses with 4 tiers each planned for v1.0)
- More player levels (max player level 30 planned for v1.0)
- New companion characters incl. perks to upgrade (6 companions planned for v1.0)
- Additional main and side mission story content (30+ hours of story content planned for v1.0)
- Natural phenomena like lightning fields, black holes, solar storms, etc.
Taking place a few years after the events of the first installment, Everspace 2 continues to follow the story of Adam Roslin, a cloned space pilot with unlimited lives. Throughout his journey, he will learn the meaning and consequences of life, death, and individuality. In his extraterrestrial adventures, he will encounter interesting companions and build meaningful relationships. As a clone, Adam will learn that “life is only worth living if there is also something worth dying for.”
Are you excited for Everspace 2? Will you be diving into the Early Access version? What other features would you like to see in this unique space shooter? Let us know in the comments.