Codemasters has released the much needed 1.05 patch for F1 2019. The patch is currently only on PC, and is coming to PS4 and Xbox One ‘soon’. You can check out the full patch notes here.
F1 2019 released in June, a whole 2 months than previous iterations that released in August. One of the downsides of this was the game was missing key additions and was suffering from many bugs. One of the key changes for this patch was 2019 season performance updates.
Before this update, Ferrari was fastest in the game. As we know from the real-life sport, Mercedes are dominating, and Ferrari has not even won a single race in the 2019 season. Williams were also nerfed as they were seen too strong as compared to real-life where they are filling the final two rows of the grid. Upon completion of this article, it seems as though the performance is from the first race of the season in Melbourne, Australia – not the current point of the season. This is evident as Rich Energy Haas are the fourth quickest team – which they are currently not in real-life.
As promised, Formula 2 is coming to multiplayer modes. This was a much-requested feature after the game was released, and has finally come with this latest update. F1 2019 – Patch 1.05 includes other minor improvements, these are:
- AI performance has been improved in wet weather for both F1 and F2 vehicle classes
- Improvements to AI blocking behavior
- In photo mode changing shutter speed will no longer make the screen go black
- Fanatec wheels will no longer send strong force feedback turning the wheel to the right on race starts
- Rain / ERS charging lights now work on PS4 Pro
- First Ten Down (Complete 10 races online) achievement will now unlock correctly
- Stopped graphical glitches occurring and getting more frequent during long play sessions
F1 2019 is far from done though. Visual car updates are coming in August, and the 2019 Formula 2 season is coming in September. However, it is still unclear as to how this will be integrated into the popular career mode.