F1 2021 1.16 update has arrived. You’ll find all the changes and fixes heading to Codemasters’ racing sim in the latest F1 2021 update right here.
The F1 2021 1.16 update is a small patch, and there’s no meaty new content for players to discover. It features several fixes to online play and general aspects of the game. Among the most notable in F1 2021 1.16 is a fix for a session timer reset bug and a host/client same league event joining issues.
More generally, F1 2021 1.16 disables ghosting in a two-player career. It also rejigs how penalties are dished out for collisions when the Safety Car is on track. There are also fixes for a couple of crashes, including a crash that occurred when players backed out of the Championship then attempted to re-enter. With F1 2021 1.16, previous Grand Prix settings will now carry over to new events.
The patch also includes general stability improvements and various minor fixes. For the full breakdown, check out the complete patch notes just below.
F1 2021 1.16 Update Patch Notes
- Addressed an issue where re-joining a qualifying session would result in the session timer being reset for that user.
- Addressed an issue where host and client could struggle to get into the same league event if they previously declined to proceed to the next session.
- Ghosting can now be disabled in Two-Player Career.
- Penalties given for collisions under the Safety Car will be more fairly distributed.
- Resolved a crash when attempting to back out from the Official F1® 2021 Championship and attempting to re-enter on consoles.
- Resolved a crash when selecting a salary with your current team having cancelled negotiations with them previously.
- Previous simulation settings in Grand Prix will now be remembered when starting a new Grand Prix event.
- General stability improvements.
- Various minor fixes.
F1 2021 is out now for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. For more details on the latest F1 2021 update, head to the official website here.