EA and Codemasters have rolled out a brand new patch for their officially-vetted F1 racing sim, suitably dubbed F1 2021 Patch 1.15. As always, we’ve pulled together the F1 2021 1.15 patch notes in their entirety to save you hunting them down on EA’s oft-labyrinthine site.
F1 2021 Patch 1.15 is relatively light compared to previous updates but still has some welcome features. Not least some new content: the possibility of racing with a custom ’11th team’ in Grand Prix mode. Alongside, multiplayer now has connection warning icons, advising whether you and/or other drivers are struggling with connectivity issues.
F1 2021 Patch 1.15 also throws in AI tweaks on several tracks and corners, including the Red Bull Ring and Spa-Francorchamps. The patch is also stacked with a good chunk of general fixes, including a garage stuck bug and Force Feedback drop when using Quick Resume on console.
More on that and further details can be found below in the complete F1 2021 1.15 patch notes.
F1 2021 Patch 1.15 Patch Notes
- Custom team can now be used within Grand Prix
- Network warning indicators have been added to multiplayer games
- Addressed an issue where players could get stuck in the garage after retiring during a practice or qualifying session
- Addressed an issue where players could not connect to online sessions on particular accounts
- Adjusted AI on the following tracks and corners to reduce overall speed:
- Austria – Red Bull Ring: Turn 9
- Belgium – Spa-Francorchamps: Turn 10
- Netherlands – Zandvoort: Turn 7
- Addressed an issue where Force Feedback would be lost after using Quick Resume on console
- Addressed an issue where penalties could be incorrectly given on Jeddah pit entry or exit
- F2 qualifying positions will now be correctly carried forward into race sessions
- Race 3 points will now correctly be shown on the race results screen for F2™ 2021
- Addressed an issue where the F2 Champion could incorrectly be declared after the final feature race in career
- Addressed an issue where VO lines for Fittipaldi were using the incorrect lines
- Adjusted speed limit for Zandvoort pit lane to match the official season
- Position indicator is now correctly displayed in the second sprint race of an F2™ 2021 session
- General stability improvements
- Various minor fixes
F1 2021 is out now for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.