F1 2021 has today received its 1.06 update, so here’s the full list of changes and additions with this patch! Like the majority of patches for F1 2021, you should go into things not expecting anything flashy. The team isn’t quite ready for big content drops just yet, though what’s being added today is quite nice. Plenty of bugs have been tackled, including both gameplay and general tweaks to not only improve the gameplay experience but improve your ability to run the title as well. Without further adieu, here’s everything new with F1 2021 update 1.06!
F1 2021 Update 1.06 Patch Notes
- Addressed an issue where there could be no force feedback on Thrustmaster wheels if task manager was open in the background in Windowed mode.
- Addressed an issue where force feedback would not be active on Thrustmaster wheels when launching from a desktop shortcut.
- Audio will no longer stutter when connecting an official Xbox headset into the controller.
- Quick Practice will no longer cause excessive wear to components.
- Addressed various issues with online session connectivity on Xbox.
- Addressed high GPU usage on loading screens during Braking Point.
- Ghosting is now set to on in Ranked sessions.
- “League Racer” achievement/trophy can now be correctly unlocked.
- MFD will now pop-up after receiving minor damage.
- UDP: LapHistoryDate will now be correctly sent for an active car after another has retired.
- Addressed a potential crash while using photo mode.
- Addressed a potential crash during broadcast sequences.
- Track surface will now appear correctly for player 2 in split-screen during a wet race.
- On-track VFX can no longer be seen by other drivers in F2™ one-shot qualifying.
- 3D Audio for headphones has temporarily been disabled on PS5. This will be re-enabled as soon as audio issues relating to it have been resolved.
- Car performance can now be changed after creation of a league.
- Mid-season driver negotiations have been removed from the first season of a Real Season Start career.
- Improved feedback given when haptic feedback is set to weak on PS5.
- Addressed an issue where the Emirian flag could be displayed on the podium instead of the Turkish Flag.
- Tyre wear can now be viewed on the MFD during the formation lap.
- Rebalanced chapters 1,3,5,9 and 12 on Normal difficulty in Braking Point.
- General stability improvements.
- Various minor fixes.
Like said, F1 2021 update 1.06 really is just looking at bug fixes. Though with that being said, there are some minor gameplay tweaks such as Normal difficulty getting some minor rebalances. Most of you have likely completed these chapters already, but having them fine-tuned to have a more consistent difficulty curve is never a bad thing. All around, not too shabby.