Factorio has launched a brand new update today (September 24), so here’s the full list of changes and additions with today’s patch. For those who choose to browse the open servers available across the game, there’s a massive change today. It’s hard to understand in the team’s writing, but to put it in English, users banned from servers for things like griefing and issues of the like can now potentially be banned from other servers for the same reason. This is major in the effort of combating griefers but isn’t all that’s been changed. Without further adieu, here’s everything new with Factorio’s September 24 update!
Factorio September 24 Update Patch Notes
- Added auth server bans feature for multiplayer games. When enabled this will inform the Factorio.com authentication server of ban and unban commands issued in multiplayer sessions. Designed to combat griefers in multiplayer games, it will also query the authentication server for a ban recommendation when a user tries to connect.
- Fixed that trigger prototype flag filters didn’t work correctly when an entity had no flags set. more
- Fixed a crash after inserting fuel into burner inserter while it was already trying to fuel itself. more
- Fixed that unrelated entities were highlighted when using a cut tool. more
- Fixed that in editor mode undoing deconstructions did not instantly revive affected entities. more
- Fixed that setting the direction of a script created character entity didn’t work correctly. more
- Fixed that items with fuel value would be put into furnace fuel inventory when there was enough fuel but item could be smelted. more
- Fixed inserters picking up items on ground marked for deconstruction. more
- Fixed that the low power tip didn’t show in some circumstances.
- Tweaked some of the triggers to show/skip tutorials related to drag building.
- Fixed that Furnace’s working_visualisations would not apply recipe tint on fadeout. more
- Fixed crash due to usage of standard library function that is missing on macOS 10.11. more
Factorio is available exclusively on PC. For more information regarding this update, check out the official Steam post.