Fall Guys is dropping version 1.30 today, which includes some new features and fixes for your favorite blob-based battler. The Season 5 update saw the introduction of a bunch of wacky new costumes, challenges, and rewards, and update 1.30 promises to keep the good times rolling (or, falling).
Fall Guys Update 1.30 Patch Notes
Update 1.30 promises 4 additional Rounds that will come to Xtreme Fall Guys, later in the season:
- Skyline Stumble
- Treetop Tumble
- Lily Leapers
- Roll On
There is also the promise of an “updated UI”, although what that will consist of isn’t clear yet.
Fall Guys has never been 100% free from the occasional bug and sometimes janky gameplay, but developer Mediatonic will be smoothing out at least some of the wrinkles in the version 1.30 patch notes. From the developer’s website:
- Improvements to ball weights on rounds such as Fall Ball, Snowy Scrap, and Rock’n’Roll
- Roll On intro camera fixed
- “Monkey” outfit no longer appears pinkish in team rounds
- Team colours are no longer different during the Victory screen than the ones displayed during a team round
- Custom Lobbies: Roll Call Show no longer skips to the final round when launched at max capacity in a Custom Lobby
- Fixed an issue where players could fall out of bounds on Lilly Leapers when being launched by the hammers
- Fixed an issue where Fall Guys could become stuck between the platforms and fans on Treetop Tumble
Fall Guys recently celebrated their one-year anniversary, and the wacky battle royale remains popular among those who like dressing up like a pirate and pushing people off of platforms. If you’re like me – i.e., you played the game at launch, were immediately terrible at it, and then gave up – then you can give Fall Guys a second chance on PS4, Steam, or Switch. It might be worth it for that pigeon costume alone.