Vault survivors in Fallout 76 have new ways to explore the wasteland after Bethesda’s ninth patch for the online game.
Next week will mark six months since the release of Fallout 76 and the developers have been keeping the game fresh with unique content and gear. The most recent announcement of patch 9 features new quests, upgrades for player C.A.M.P.S., and a backpack to carry all the junk you found along the way.
The newest quest line will see you join a group called the Pioneer Scouts. They’re basically the equivalent of what we know as the Boy and Girl Scouts.
Teaming up with them will eventually earn you the reward of a backpack, which is both functional and stylish. Equipping one will boost your carry limit and give your character a new look while you tour Wild Appalachia.
Patch 9 arrives today to #Fallout76 bringing a host of new Wild Appalachia content including Player Vending, Legendary exchange machines, backpacks, a new quest line and much more!
— Bethesda Game Studios (@BethesdaStudios) May 7, 2019
One of the most interesting features is being able to sell items to other players with Vending Machines. While you can already trade with vault dwellers in the world, the machines allow you to fast travel to a C.A.M.P. with one installed and buy items.
Unfortunately, you’ll only be paid 90% of the purchase price. The other 10% is a fee to help maintain Fallout 76’s economy and mitigate inflation. There will also be a maximum Cap balance of 25,000, meaning you can’t make more than that from selling your wares.
Bethesda also made it so you can break down legendary gear into a new form of currency called Legendary Scrip. Scrip will be used to buy legendary items from the Purveyor, a new vendor coming to Appalachia May 16.
The developers also tweaked a few weapons, quests, and changed how fast travel works while in combat. You can read the full patch 9 update on their website.
Patch 9 is 3.5 GB for PC players and 8 GB for consoles.
Scott’s been gaming since he could hold a controller in his hands. He’s a journalist who loves Dungeons and Dragons, video games, tabletop RPGs, and comic books. He has an intelligence of 6, he knows what he’s doing.