It looks like we may know one of the starring actors in the upcoming Far Cry 6. And if we had to bet our life savings on it, Giancarlo Esposito will be playing the “big bad” for the next installment of Ubisoft’s long-running series.
On Thursday, Esposito confirmed to GameSpot that he was working on a “huge” game. He added that he couldn’t yet say which one. The actor, who was The Mandalorian‘s chief antagonist in the first season, teased just enough to get the gaming world’s tongues wagging. It looks like at least one site couldn’t hold itself back.
GameReactor, in a now-deleted post, announced Esposito would be starring in Far Cry 6. Yes, it’s possible that the site pulled the article down because it realized it had faulty information.
The more likely scenario is that they ran the article too soon. The Ubisoft Forward event is scheduled for July 12. The next big showcase in what has effectively been a summer-long E3 will absolutely show off some unannounced games. The company hasn’t disputed that fact.
Most people assumed the centerpiece of Ubisoft Forward would be more info on Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla. Now it seems likely Far Cry 6 could steal the show.
Ubisoft has talked quite a bit over the last few months of wanting to revive a series that has been steadily losing steam. While Far Cry 5 wasn’t a bad game, it left an odd taste in people’s mouths because of the company’s firm stance that they weren’t making a political statement while creating a title that dealt with a killer religious cult.
Fry Cry 6: Back To Basics?
It’s follow up, Far Cry: New Dawn was set in the same world and was met with very lukewarm reviews. Earlier this spring, Ubisoft said Far Cry 6 would return to its roots. The upcoming game is said to have a more “exotic” locale. Now, it appears Esposito is lending his voice to a villain who could be reminiscent of Pagan Min and Vaas Montenegro.