Final Fantasy XI Online has charged up to limit break this May with a full inventory of new and returning events and content. This month marks the 19th anniversary of FFXI, and SQUARE ENIX is celebrating in-game with multiple campaign events. Leading the feature of new content are The Voracious Resurgence storyline and Ambuscade Update.
According to SQUARE ENIX’s official post, the May update is available today and includes new and improved content such as The Voracious Resurgence Update and an Ambuscade Update. It also includes the 19th Vana’versary Mandragora Mania Event and the 19th Vana’versary Nomad Mog Bonanza. Along with that is a total of five in-game campaigns that will be lasting throughout the month. For the complete list of the battle, event, item, and system-related details check out the May 10, 2021 Version Update post on the FFXI forum.
The Voracious Resurgence Update includes the new fourth chapter in the storyline involving Bastok once again feeling the winds of war, along with a ‘new threat from the empire’. The new chapter will also introduce you to a new story plot. You’ll encounter plenty of new characters to interact with, such as Raubahn, Cornelia, and Naja (respectively shown below).
The two updates to Ambuscade include the return of the Mamool Ja and adding in a new challenging foe, giant Flies (shown below).
The two major 19th Vana’versary Events include Mandragora Mania and Nomad Mog Bonanza. Both events offer you new in-game activities to participate in. Try the Nomad Mog Bonanza number guessing game for a chance to win weapons modeled from the Final Fantasy series.
The in-game campaigns being hosted this month include:
- Return Home to Vana’diel: log in and play for free from Friday, May 14, through Monday, May 24.
- Experience Vana’diel to the Fullest: log in to earn double to triple the normal amount of experience and capacity points from Tuesday, May 11 to Monday, May 24.
- A.M.A.N Trove Test Your Luck: log in daily to receive two silver A.M.A.N. vouchers per day for use in A.M.A.N. Trove.
- May 2021 Login: log in any time this month to earn yourself points “which can be used to purchase items such as the Red Raptor mount and the Shantotto II alter ego.”
- Adventurer Appreciation Forever: log in weekly to earn a variety of in-game items.
In case you missed it, check out the FFXI ReFriender tool and search for past adventuring friends you may have lost contact with, or use to find and make new ones! Are you excited to return to Final Fantasy XI Online for this anniversary event? Let us know!
Reach into The Nerd Stash to read these other Final Fantasy articles!
Final Fantasy VII The First Soldier Launches Closed Beta Very Soon
Final Fantasy XI Mobile Reboot Officially Cancelled