As a follow-up to the Announcement Showcase that formally announced the Endwalker expansion for Final Fantasy XIV, the Letter from the Producer LXII – or Live Letter – talks about the upcoming update 5.5 and some of the things that will be included, as well as some other things. Since this aired late for many people and it aired mostly in Japanese, we’re providing a short recap to go over some of the major points of the stream!
- Update 5.5 Information: The new update looks to connect current content to the new Endwalker expansion in a two-part release; the first part is coming on April 13, and the second is slated to arrive at the “end of May.” Called “Death Unto Dawn,” the 5.5 update takes us through the events leading up to Endwalker: the first part seems to focus on a lull in the usual action, suggesting that the towers that Fandaniel may be responsible for are doing something really bad, and representatives from all over Eorzea are gathering to see how to handle it.
- New Dungeon: Taking place in a region east of Ul’dah called Paglth’an, this main scenario dungeon looks like a dungeon that could be connecting parts one and two and shows some serious damage being dealt to an encampment. This, like most main scenario dungeons previous to update 5.5, will be a four-person instance that will be Trust Party enabled.
- Sorrow of Werlyt Conclusion: The storyline featuring Weapons from the Garlean Empire is finally concluding starring the Diamond Weapon and taking place in an area called the Cloud Deck.
- New Yorha Instance Preview: The third raid leg in the YorHa: Dark Apocalypse crossover is set to release with 5.5, promising some real surprises from Nier series creator Yoko Taro. There is no mention of whether or not this will be the final leg of this raid series but judging from the screenshot shown of what appears to be the Seed of Destruction from Drakengard, we could also see an end to this raid series and connect this to new content at the same time, if how the Nier franchise has gone is any indication.
- Crafting and Gathering Content: Crafters will see a series of new high-level recipes to make that will require high-end equipment and skillful use of crafting abilities in update 5.5. Crafters will be getting new achievements and tools. Gatherers will get gathering points shown on the map and the same goes for fishing holes.
- Explorer Mode Updates: Level 70 dungeons will be added and syncing can be disabled. Instruments will also be able to be used while in this mode.
- New Arrangement Album Announced: The newest Final Fantasy XIV album, titled Scions and Sinners, was announced and will be coming on March 24, featuring 19 fan-favorite songs with Keiko performing the piano arrangements and THE PRIMALS performing the band arrangements. You’ll be able to buy it when it releases in Japan, North America, and Europe for $39.99 USD.
Are you excited about the update? Let us know in the comments!