Fire Emblem: Three Houses earned the number one spot in the UK charts, during its launch week. The Nintendo Switch exclusive took the place of Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled. It’s worth noting that these charts are relative exclusively to physical copies sold and not the digital ones. And in this case, Three Houses sold almost double the number of copies of Wolfenstein: Youngblood, which took second place.
The choice of launching Fire Emblem: Three Houses during this period, for sure, played an important factor in the game’s immediate success. In fact, besides Wolfenstein: Youngblood and the upcoming Madden NFL 20, there aren’t any other big games launching soon. The next big game is Remedy Entertainment’s Control, set to launch on August 27.
In the Top Ten, four games are Nintendo Switch exclusives. Alongside Three Houses, there are Super Mario Maker 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order, and Mario Kart 8: Deluxe.
Full Top Ten List for the week ending July 27:
- (-) Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)
- (-) Wolfenstein: Youngblood (PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Switch/PC)
- (1) Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Switch)
- (3) Super Mario Maker 2 (Switch)
- (4) FIFA 19 (PlayStation 4/Switch/Xbox One/Xbox 360/PlayStation 3)
- (2) Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Switch)
- (14) Grand Theft Auto V (PlayStation 4/Xbox One/PC/Xbox 360/PlayStation 3)
- (6) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)
- (8) F1 2019 (PlayStation 4/Xbox One/PC)
- (5) Red Dead Redemption II (PlayStation 4/Xbox One)
Also, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, outperformed other titles of the series during its launch week. Three Houses sold almost double of what Fire Emblem Awakening did on Nintendo 3DS in 2013, and did the same by selling more than double the combined sales of Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright and Conquest. Growth in sales that confirm the massive increase in popularity the series is enjoying.
In Fire Emblem: Three Houses, the players take the role of a professor at the Garreg Mach Monastery and select which one of the Three Houses to join. Here it’ll be possible to interact and create relationships with other professors, students, and staff, plus training our skills and other activities, and then entering the battlefield to fight in the war.