For Honor has today launched update 2.31.0 on all platforms, so here’s the full list of changes and fixes with this patch. Today’s update looks to be mostly bug fixes but brings improvements to a few key areas. The biggest and most significant of all is a massive nerf to Staggering Blow, bringing its effectiveness time from 45s down to 20s. There’s also a change to Shugoki, but you’ll see that in a moment. Without further adieu, here’s everything new with For Honor in update 2.31.0!
For Honor Update 2.31.0 Patch Notes
- Removed Uninterruptible Stance from Demon Ball
Developer’s Comment: Shugoki players could use Demon’s Ball in the middle of a group fight and avoid being punished for it, and in fact teammates could pile damage onto the victim.
By removing the defensive properties on Shugoki and its victim during the move, other players should now be able to interrupt it.
We also fixed a bunch of minor issues on the attack, which prevented players from blocking/parrying the attack when interrupted at just the right time.
- Lowered Shugoki’s Super Sprint movement to 7.25m/s (from 8.5m/s)
Developer’s Comment: Reducing Shugoki’s mobility a bit here, part of the intent is to slightly reduce his overall effectiveness.
- Reduced Staggering Blow duration to 20s (from 45s)
Developer’s comment: This should tone down Staggering Blow without taking away from its impact on combat. Players will have to be more mindful of when they use Staggering Blow to be as effective as before.
For Honor Update 2.31.0: Bug Fixes
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the victim of skewer to have a guaranteed Guard Break on the Gladiator after getting hit by Skewer near a Wall, increased the Changed ”Exit On Wall” for the victim to 500ms (from 400ms) (FH-2320)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused entering “Qi Stance” from a Hit or Blocked right neutral heavy while holding right or forward to results in Left Stance Animation (FH-2323)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Shaolin to have a wrong animation when moving guard direction during a parry (FH-2325)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Jiang Jun hard feints to snap to opponents (FH-1893)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Hitokiri’s side dodge to have an incorrect animation at the end of the dodge (FH-2147)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Zhanhu’s right Unblockable Finisher (from left neutral heavy) to have an incorrect transition frame when feinted to neutral (FH-2099)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Zhanhu to be able to cancels the Finisher Attacks with a Dodge or Dodge Attack
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Kyoshin “Kaze Stance” branching from Sprint Attack to finishers, (and from Sprint Attack to Kaze Stance), to be longer than expected, reduced to 200ms recovery (from 266ms) (FH-2310)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Kyoshin “Kaze Stance” and “Aoarashi” to flicker (FH-2243)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Kyoshin “Hakaze” Superior Block to connect to a Nobushi after specific moves (FH-2243)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed animation issue that caused the Kyoshin “Fujin Cuts” to play an incorrect animation if stopped after the first attack (FH-2302)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Kyoshin “Fujin Force” to not track Soldiers (FH-2259)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Kyoshin to heal when hitting the Ram when the “Hikarimore” Feat or “Kirari To Kage” Feat were active (FH-2292)
- [Bug Fix] Slightly adjusted spawn positions for Defenders and Attackers
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that could cause Players to get stuck near the trap lever at Capture Zone A (FH-2280)
Apprentice Trial: Stamina
- [Bug Fix] Adjusted the first Warlord Bot’s behavior to be easier to defeat using the intended method and added a text explaining to the player what to do
- [Bug Fix] Lowered difficulty of the 2nd Warlord Bot and final encounter
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Executions sound effects and voice lines to be missing in Dominion Beachhead with headphones on Xbox (FH-1880)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the “Incalescent Memory” effect audio to not loop while the character is idling (FH-2287)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Zhanhu’s “Horkos Qipian” chest to have incorrect physics on the default body type (FH-2271)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Hitokiri’s walking animation to behave incorrectly in some situations (FH-1945)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Nobushi’s “III Winds” ornament to float or clip on some helms (FH-1977)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Orochi’s standards on some of their chest armour to not match the cloth around their hips (FH-1572)
For Honor is available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. For more information regarding this update, check out the official website.