Publisher Merge Games and developer Antab Studio confirmed today the launch of the effortlessly stylish futuristic action-shooter, FORECLOSED. FORECLOSED releases today on PC and pretty much every console under the sun.
Visually styled on comic books and borrowing heavily from the ever-enticing cyberpunk aesthetic, FORECLOSED charts the story of a certain Evan Kapnos who has seen their identity foreclosed. The situation sees Evan stuck in a stalemate of sorts; jobless, brain implants earmarked for auction, and with little left to lose. You’ll embark on a gripping, action-packed conspiracy-filled romp to escape. FORECLOSED tells this tale through the lens of comic book panels, both during cinematic cut scenes and gameplay.
As you can see from the trailer just below, FORECLOSED oozes style, mixing in RPG elements through a super-hero style skill system and upgradable weaponry that make full use of the augmentations synonymous with the cyberpunk theme. In action, these allow environmental manipulation, hacking, and devastating abilities like telekinesis to fight off those out to get Evan.
FORECLOSED Key Features
- Slick Cyberpunk Action – narrative-driven action-adventure set in a cyberpunk world filled with action, suspense, and experimental augmentations.
- Interactive Comic Book – The unique immersive style will make players truly feel like a comic book hero.
- Immersive Narrative – Follow the story of Evan Kapnos, his identity recently foreclosed, stripped of his job, brain implants, and access to the city Blockchain. He must now escape the city before his identity and implants are auctioned off…
- Hi-Tech Combat – Modify your Symbiotic Pistol with an assortment of customizations that can be swapped out or even combined.
- Augmentation Upgrades – Discover and unlock brain implant abilities with an RPG-like skill system.
FORECLOSED releases today on PC, via Steam and the Epic Games Store, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Google Stadia, Xbox Series S/X, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Merge Games has issued a welcome -15% launch discount on Steam ending on August 19th to spice things up.