Fortnite 20.30 update is now live. You’ll find all the new changes and fixes heading to Epic Games’ battle royale shooter in the latest Fortnite update right here on this page. In Fortnite 20.30, the POI battle shifts to Titled Towers, once again pitting the resistance against the IO. Elsewhere, the patch jazzes things up in time for May the 4th with Star Wars-themed goodies. These include lightsabers, E-11 Blaster rifles, and a selection of Star Wars quests. Funding stations shift to bringing the Choppa out of the vault.
As for tweaks, Fortnite 20.30 rebalances shotguns, increasing damage for most shots with more granular changes for specific shotguns, with the Drum Shotgun losing some range, for example. Fortnite 20.30 also introduces the Browse menu, sporting different categories to help players find games to suit their tastes.
Not much on the bug fixing side of things in Fortnite 20.30 other than a minor issue with Seven Outpost Vaults. Check out the complete Fortnite 20.30 update patch notes below for all the details.
Fortnite 20.30 Update Patch Notes
The Battle for Tilted Towers
The Battle for Rocky Reels ended with a standing ovation and a victory for the Resistance! Find Funding Stations for an Armored Battle Bus and set of Turrets at this reclaimed POI.
But the most climactic POI Battle hasn’t started until now: the heart of the Island is at stake in the Battle for Tilted Towers. Join the Resistance in pushing back the IO! Higher than even the buildings is an IO Blimp carrying Huntmaster Saber, who refuses to stand down.
Fulfill Your Destiny: May the 4th Festivities
Star WarsTM Day is going on in Fortnite, but not just on May the 4th! From May 3 to May 17, 2022, take up Lightsabers and E-11 Blaster Rifles in battle. Also, complete new Star Wars Quests to unlock an Empire Banner. More info on this intergalactic event can be found in our May the 4th blog post!
Go Sky High in a
The IO aren’t the only ones who can take to the skies. Funding Stations for Choppas have been set up across all Seven Outposts — chip in Bars to bring this vehicle out of the vault! Once a Choppa is 100% Funded, fly across the map and attack from above.
In v20.30, all Shotguns have undergone a damage balance update. These changes will increase the damage for most shots (including headshots). All Shotguns have also been given a “max damage cap,” affecting how much maximum damage a single shot can deal.
Specific changes to Shotguns available in Fortnite Battle Royale/Zero Build:
- Minimum pellet-hit count increased from 3 to 4 for the Striker Pump Shotgun, Auto Shotgun, and Drum Shotgun.
- Striker Pump Shotgun and Auto Shotgun pellet damage and headshot damage increased.
- Ranger Shotgun and Drum Shotgun headshot damage greatly increased, but no change to base pellet damage.
- Drum Shotgun damage falloff adjusted, shortening effective range.
These changes have affected all Shotguns that are available in Fortnite Creative as well, which we detail in our Creative v20.30 blog post. We’ll continue to evaluate these changes as we monitor player feedback.
Browse Menu Added
The Browse menu has been added next to Discover! This menu is broken up into categories (such as Action, Casual, and Combat), making it easier to find new games in the genres you love.
- Forces at Tilted Towers are not in active conflict in competitive playlists, but the resulting destruction has occurred and Huntmaster Saber has still relocated.
- Lightsabers and E-11 Blaster Rifles are not included in competitive playlists.
- Choppas will not be brought into competitive playlists.
- Fixed an issue involving most Seven Outpost Vaults being unopenable.