The sixth and final legendary quest in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 7 week 9 is to place spy probes. Players will have to first use one of the payphones on the Fortnite map. They must then equip a Detector and disable an Alien Billboard in a single match.
There are resources to be collected in Holly Hatchery, trespassers to be eliminated and a Bioscanner to be placed in an Alien Biome. Players will only need to place alien spy probes three times. With this guide, it’s quick and easy work. Knowing exactly where to go saves precious minutes during gameplay.
Where to Place Spy Probes in Fortnite
There are eight potential spy probe locations around the western and southern edges of the Fortnite map. Players can be selective as they only need to place three spy probes. Depending on where players choose to land from the battle bus, keeping these locations in tight formation is advised but not necessary. The locations of all eight are as follows:
- The first spy probe location is southeast of Defiant Fish, commonly remembered as the IO Base where Rick Sanchez is located.
- A second location is northeast of Hydro 16, just at the side of the road before stepping onto the bridge.
- From the bridge heading south, players will find another spot next to the facility with the vending machine. It’s just before the cliff on the elevated terrain on the righthand side.
- There is a third alien spy probe location near the southernmost house of the area. Players can place a Bioscanner on the other side of the backyard fence on the right side of the house.
- Heading further south another spot on the left side of the big house provides a spy probe location. It’s next to the icy terrain on the map.
- Players near Weeping Woods can find a place to deploy a probe next to a boulder, southwest of the two houses in the center and northeast of the bridge.
- There is another alien spy probe location east of the factory to the southeast of Slurpy Swamp, overlooking the factory itself.
- Finally, players can launch a probe slightly south of Flopper Pond.
Completing this Fortnite challenge is a piece of cake with all possible spy probe locations laid out. Getting the required locations will reward you with 30K XP, which will help you unlock more Battle Stars for the Season 7 battle pass.