There’s only one month left in Fortnite Season 7. Earning XP is more important than ever and challenges are the perfect way for players to rack up the count. One of the epic quests in Chapter 2 Season 7 Week 9 is to find and use an IO Launchpad. These are not ordinary launchpads and can only be found in a few specific locations on the island. Like most challenges, knowing where to look is half the battle. That makes this guide to Fortnite IO launchpad locations indispensable.
IO Launchpads behave just like a typical launchpad in Fortnite. Launchpads throw players up in the air and allow them to access platforms and glide to destinations. This is much faster than walking the map and is invaluable to players. Like any valuable resource, adding too many to the game would lower their value. As such, there are only a small number of them on the map.
Players can find the distinct IO Launchpads at various Satellite Stations located around the Season 7 island. In addition, players can also utilize the IO launchpad at Slurpy Swamp. The locations of all Satellite Stations in Fortnite are:
- Deep Woods Dish: On the east side of Stealthy Stronghold
- Dinky Dish: On a hill southeast of Craggy Cliffs
- Dockside Dish: Near the lake southeast of Corny Complex and southwest of Dirty Docks
- Defiant Dish: West of Weeping Woods
- Destined Dish: On the Mountain northeast of Bunker Jonesy’s location at Lumber Lodge and southeast of Misty Meadows
- Dampy Dish: At the southwest corner of Slurpy Swamp
- Discovery Dish: On the west coast of the island, northwest of Believer Beach
Once players have arrived at one of the launchpad locations, finding the IO pad is as easy as keeping an eye out. The pads brightly glow and can be easily seen from far away if you know what you’re looking for. Once a glowing launchpad has been located, players must jump on it to be flung into the air and glide through the air. This completes the week 9 epic quest. Using an IO Launchpad to complete the epic quest earns players 30,000 XP for their Season 7 Battle Pass.