Fortnite went to Twitter today to announce that the servers will be down starting 04:00 AM ET and 09:00 AM UTC on February 16, due to a season update.
Knock knock. ?
The v15.40 update is scheduled to release on February 16. Downtime for the update will begin at approx. 4 AM ET (09:00 UTC). pic.twitter.com/W54TynVlZQ
— Fortnite Status (@FortniteStatus) February 15, 2021
Fortnite Season Update v15.40
This is something Fortnite does every season and is nothing to worry about. This time around, v15.40 update is coming. This update brings with it several quality of life improvements and some new content! There will also be some maintenance, obviously. Check out the list of new features below:
- Blast back with an unvaulted favourite!
- Fun for the whole squad! Characters will have more Exotics in stock for allies (or enemies) to acquire.
- LTMs coming soon: Air Royale and the Floor is Lava.
- Adjust object/build level of detail in PC Perf Mode alpha.
As for the bug fixes, as listed in this Fortnite INTEL article, make for a somewhat longer list:
- Total Bars appearing as “0” in a match.
- Purple XP Coins disappearing when driven through (without granting XP).
- Matchmaking doesn’t start if unreadied player leaves early.
- Phone Booths do not respect island settings when players change Outfits.
- Mythic Lead Survivor portraits appear only as silhouettes.
- Locating a Durrr Burger not counting towards the “Locating: Burger Break!” Ventures quest.
The same article mentions early notes for the patch including the “Unvaulted favorite” returning and Limited-Time Mods Air Royale and Floor is Lava.
Fortnite Status also updated the community about what this update will be removing:
“Please note: With the v15.40 update, we’ll be removing unreleased assets and props that are currently being used in some Creative islands.”
You can find the tweet here.
The only thing we don’t know is how long will the servers actually be down. But it shouldn’t take too long. Come back here and spend time discussing game changes in the comments while you wait. Are you excited about the new features? Know about other bugs Fortnite didn’t cover with this update? Think the “early notes” content will make it into the update? Let us know in the comments below.