Epic Games have released the patch notes for update 19.20 coming to Fortnite today, February 1. The mega-popular online multiplayer game was released in 2017 and took the world by storm with its take on the battle royale genre. Fortnite’s chapter 3 was released this past December and introduced new mechanics and environmental hazards. This new update will build on that by growing the game, creating a bigger and more diverse environment.
Update 19.20 will feature gameplay additions such as new challenges and unvaulted weapons, as well as a new POI called Covert Canyon. Take a look at the Fortnite patch notes for update 19.20 below.
Fortnite Update 19.20 Patch Notes
- Deep inside the mountains north of Camp Cuddle, a high-tech new POI has appeared: Covert Cavern. Navigate its central waterway and harvest materials from its many facilities.
- Covert Cavern is home to a Mythic version of the Stinger SMG, possessing more power than a regular one.
- The Heavy Shotgun has been unvaulted in a refashioned form for Chapter 3.
- Find the Heavy Shotgun on the ground, in normal and Rare Chests, and from Supply Drops. The new Heavy Shotgun is available in all rarities.
- With v19.20, begin unlocking all the masks of Chapter 3 Season 1 Battle Pass Outfit Haven!
- We’re improving the XP Beyond Battle Royale experience! Now with v19.20, if you triggered an Accolade before calibration was complete, you’ll be rewarded with the XP once it’s available!
- Tornado and lightning weather events have been added to Team Rumble!
- The Mythic Stinger SMG is not included in competitive playlists. The Heavy Shotgun is included immediately, however.
- While most new/unvaulted items are given an evaluation period in the wild before being added to competitive playlists, we’ve made an exception with the Heavy Shotgun, as the new Heavy Shotgun was made with higher-skill play in-mind.
- As our heads-up stated last week, Spider-Man’s Web-Shooters now have 20 shots instead of 80 in competitive playlists. This lower count is to encourage more strategic decisions about when to use the item, while retaining the item’s usefulness as a powerful mobility tool.
Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue involving the visual indicator for using a Reboot Van appearing at a greater distance than the sound could be heard.
- Fixed an issue involving matches sometimes not being recorded during a tournament session and the points earned in those matches becoming lost.
- Fixed an issue involving Spider-Man’s Web-Shooters dropping from eliminated players with a full stock of uses even if it didn’t have a full stock before the player was eliminated.
Play Fortnite on a number of platforms including PS4, PS5, box One, Xbox Series X/S, PC, and Nintendo Switch.