Fortnite players should expect downtime with an early announcement and patch notes for the newest 21.50 update. The downtime will begin on Tuesday, August 30th, at 1 AM PT/4 AM ET/9 AM BST. Matchmaking will be disabled 30 minutes before the update. There’s no word yet on how long the downtime will last as of yet, but it can be expected to last around an hour or two, depending on how much content is being added and altered.
Fortnite update 21.50 early patch notes
Late Game Arena returns.
Players are going to see the return of the Late Game Arena on October 5th. Leading up to the return of the arena, players will be given the opportunity to compete in the Late Game Solo Cup on October 1st. The Late Game Trios Cup will follow this on October 2nd.
Arriving along with the Late Game Arena, players will also notice several other changes:
- Reboot Vans are now in popular demand! Who doesn’t love a good reboot in the 5th zone?
- The first new zone forms 30 seconds faster. This will get you into that late-game feeling that bit quicker. We may tweak this further, depending on your feedback.
- Loot on the starter island will now match the custom load-outs.
- Alien Slipstreams are disabled at the start of the match.
- You may see these look as though they are active. However, once close enough, you’ll see they are disabled.
- We had some issues with the storm not behaving properly in the original Late Game. This is fixed.
- Occasionally matches wouldn’t fill with all 60 players. This is now fixed.
The pump shotgun gets unvaulted
With the reveal of the Late Game Arena return, Epic Games also teased the return of the Pump Shotgun with a hint in their tweet: “What a Legendary reaction! We’re so Pumped to see you drop in.” Capitalizing the P in ‘Pumped’ would be the hint given, and hopefully, players will see the return of the iconic weapon.
What a Legendary reaction! We're so Pumped to see you drop in at 8 am ET on 8.30.2022. ?
— Fortnite Competitive (@FNCompetitive) August 25, 2022
Loveless arrives in the September crew pack
Players who are active Fortnite Crew members will receive September’s Loveless skin and matching cosmetics on Wednesday, August 31st, at 8 PM ET. The Loveless skin has four different masks for each card suit, back accessories that spin when opening chests, and a weapon wrap that reacts when you get eliminations.
These are the bug fixes that Epic Games are expected to ship with the 21.50 update:
- Health & shield bar doesn’t show correct values.
- The Prop Manipulator may stop functioning after Round 1 or in between rounds.
- Player running animations appear as gliding and rotating when running.
- The fire button for Kamehameha is disabled on mobile devices while riding on the Nimbus.
With the early announcement of Fortnite’s upcoming 21.50 update and patch notes. Players have a lot to look forward to in the coming months, with a load of new content arriving to popular battle royale. Lastly, you can follow future updates on Fortnite Competitive on their official Twitter page.