In Fortnite Chapter 2, there are these mysterious chests that can be found on the island trapped within some sort of crystal. These are called Cosmic Chests. These chests are very rare but can provide you with a step-up in the Battle Royale deathmatch. This guide will show you where to find all Cosmic Chests in Fortnite.
Where to Find All Cosmic Chests in Fortnite
The Cosmic Chests provide you with highly valuable items, but getting them isn’t as straightforward as you would think. Firstly, you must be in team mode, whether it be Duos, Trios, or Squads, you have to have teammates because the Cosmic Chests do not spawn in solo or LTM modes. Then, you will have to find the chest somewhere in the world. While the map below shows you all the possible spawn locations, the chests do not spawn at the start of the game and you are not guaranteed to find one as they spawn randomly between the 13 locations marked below. Luckily, if one does spawn and you are near it, it will be marked on your map.
Below is a breakdown of where to find all cosmic chests.
- Weeping Woods – Near the wooden shack found in the circled location.
- Holly Hedges – The Chest is in the trees to the East of the location.
- Boney Burbs – Found in the Southern part of Boney Burbs.
- Believer Beach – The Cosmic chest can be found in the surrounding area of Believer Beach to the Southeast.
- Pleasant Park – Just outside the Park to the West.
- Coral Castle – Found on the beach to the West most island.
- Between Coral Castle and Pleasant Park – To the North of Pleasant Park on a cliff overlooking Coral Castle.
- Steamy Stacks – Two can be found at this location. One is to the West in the trees just outside of Steamy Stacks. The other is to the North near the cliff over looking the ocean.
- Lazy Lake – Just North of the area.
- Retail Row – Head South of retail and you will find the Cosmic Chest.
- Catty Corner – Head South of Catty Corner past the mountings and you will find it near Bunker Jonesy’s Shack.
- Misty Meadows – Starting in Misty Meadows head East towards the bridge leading to Catty Corner. The Cosmic Chest will be before the bridge
Once you find the Cosmic Chest, you will notice that it is trapped within a crystal. There are certain steps you need to perform to get it out and reap the rewards. First, make sure everyone in your squad equips their pickaxe. There will be a purple light emanating from the Cosmic Chest to one of the players in your squad. They need to hit the crystal to do damage to it, anyone else who hits it will simply bounce off of it. Eventually, the light will jump to another player, so they need to hit the crystal. Do this until it breaks and you will have your Cosmic Chest.
Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 7 is available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, PC, iOS, and Android.