Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 7 tasks players with plant wiretaps at different key locations Before you can start this challenge, you must complete Legendary Challenge 2 – collect an Access Card from IO Guards. There is a guide to how to complete that challenge linked here. Once that is completed, you can start placing your wiretaps. You might find these difficult to find, so this guide will aid you in both finding these key locations and where to find the wiretaps.
All Wiretap Key Locations
There are five locations across the Fortnite map that these wiretaps can spawn. Unlike the previous challenge that required you to fight the IO Guards, this challenge is much easier and requires you to simply find the wiretaps. Below is a map showing all the locations.
Where to Plant Wiretaps in Fortnite
Once you arrive at a location with a wiretap, you simply need to need to approach the blue translucent boxes and interact with it. You need to do this at three of these boxes and you will complete the challenge. There are three boxes at each of these locations, so you will be able to get the challenge done in a single place. Here are all the box spawns at each location.
- Lazy Lake
- A wiretap can be found to the east of the pool behind the east most house in Lazy Lake
- Behind the same house, to the west of the pool.
- Next to a bench north of the house.
- Catty Corner
- One is found by the building near the automatic gate.
- Found to the east of the compound next to a large rock.
- Close to the bunker entrance, the wiretap spawn can be found underneath a staircase.
- Right of Weeping Corner (Defiant Dish)
- A wiretap can be found under the giant radar dish.
- Found beneath one of the blue towers.
- Under another blue dish to the right of the dish.
- Near Dirty Docks (Dockside Dish)
- One wiretap can be found beneath the giant radar dish.
- Found beneath one of the green radio towers.
- Under the other green tower in the compound.
- Left of Steamy Stacks (Dinky Dish)
- Just like the other dish locations, a wiretap is beneath the radar dish.
- Found beneath a yellow radio tower.
- Under the other yellow tower.
Once the wiretaps are planted and the challenge is complete, you will be rewarded 30,000 XP for leveling up your Fortnite Battle Pass. You will also be able to move on to the next Legendary Challenge for Week 8: Interact with an IO Operative’s Computer.
Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 7 is out now and is playable on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, PC, iOS, and Android.