The GameStop Elite Pro rewards program is no more. The news comes from the official GameStop subreddit earlier today according to multiple GameStop Employees.
In the post, started by user Red_Trainer, it was revealed that the company would cease the program starting August 1st. As a result, this means that the pro membership will once again be the highest tier in the system.
The Elite Pro Program was implemented by the company last year, offering its customers a handful of great perks in exchange for the $29.99 membership. Those perks include:
- 30 points for every dollar spent
- Birthday offer
- Buy 2 get 1 free pre-owned games welcome offer
- 20% off pre-owned games and accessories
- 20% extra trade credit on games, accessories, and tech
- 12 issues of Game Informer magazine
- Exclusive Pro Day sales with over $4,000 in annual savings
- Collectibles welcome offer
- Free 2-day shipping on orders over $35
Those who shopped at GameStop frequently noticed that the perk paid for itself rather quickly. There is no telling as to whether that is the reason for the program shutting down, as the company is known for squeezing out a profit out of its customers.
It is worth noting that those who renew their membership before August 1st will still receive the benefits of the program for the next year.
For more information, be sure to check back to the site for updates, as well as all of your other nerdy news and needs!
Andrew has been in love with video game ever since his brother was forced by their parents to let him watch him and his friends play games like Goldeneye and Super Mario 64.