Fate Points is part of the Epitome Invocation weapon banner and Epitomized Path system in Genshin Impact. By using Fate Points through Epitomized Path, Travelers will be able to obtain the specific 5-star weapons they want from Epitome Invocation. Fate Points and Epitomized Path were added permanently into the game Genshin Impact version 2.0 update on July 21, 2021. Here’s how Fate Points works and how you can get them.
Genshin Impact – How Does Fate Points Works and How To Get It
In the Epitome Invocation weapon banner, you can check how many Fate Points you have and access the Epitomized Path mechanic by clicking the bottom left icon as seen above. From this menu, Travelers can chart a course towards a specific 5-star weapon they wish to obtain. Having two Fate Points guarantees that the next 5-star weapon you receive will be the one you charted a course towards.
After you have charted a course towards a weapon of your choice, you will obtain one Fate Point if you received a 5-star weapon that is not the one that you chose. In total, you can only accumulate two Fate Points at once. Once you’ve reached that number, the next 5-star weapon you choose will be the one you have chosen through Epitomized Path. Any current Fate Points will be reset when you have obtained your chosen weapon. And although you can freely change or cancel course charting in Epitomized Path, after doing so, any current Fate Points will be reset to zero.
As a side note, that means to earn Fate Points, you’ll need to spend Wishes in the Epitome Invocation banner and use Epitomized Path. With that in mind, you might need to spend 240 Wishes (using around 38,400 Primogems) on one Epitome Invocation to guarantee the desired 5-star weapon.
Epitomized Path System Example
- Skyward Pride and Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds are the 5-stars weapons in Epitome Invocation.
- To get Skyward Pride, you chart a course towards it.
- After Wishing, if you instead get Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds as your first or second 5-star weapon, you will receive one Fate Point.
- But if you get Skyward Pride instead, you will not accumulate any Fate Points.
- Once you have two Fate Points, the third 5-star weapon is guaranteed to be Skyward Pride.
- After getting Skyward Pride, the Fate Points will be reset.
- Any number of Fate Points will also be reset if you want to change course or cancel altogether.