First released in version 1.2 on December 23, 2020, Albedo is a 5-star Geo character in Genshin Impact. Although he wasn’t considered to be particularly strong in his debut, slowly but surely the player base managed to turn it around. And with Genshin Impact 2.3, Albedo has been given buffs which not only allows him to focus on what he does best but also demonstrate how much more powerful he is in certain teams. Here’s one of the best Albedo build that you can try for your Genshin Impact team.
YouTuber Gacha Gamer has made a pretty detailed Genshin Impact video regarding the new Albedo build. But if you prefer a text guide or don’t have time to watch the 11-minutes long video, you can read the key takeaways below.
In the Genshin Impact video above, Albedo’s build can be described as a support damage dealer that best performs when he isn’t on the field. One of the best strategies while using him is to utilize his flower. Trigger the bloom then recast his skill to cancel the two seconds delay and quickly attack the enemy again to score two bloom hits within a few seconds (shown at minute 1:20-1:34). Albedo’s flower can also be used to attack hard-to-reach enemies by holding it down and aiming it. For example, in places like Oceanid’s arena where Geo constructs cannot be used, you can still put it down on the ledges and fight your enemies with bloom damages (at minute 1:41-1:49).
Albedo: Best Team Members
- Hu Tao: Gives 125 Elemental Mastery after using Burst.
- Zhongli or Noelle: AOE Geo attack.
- Xiao: Makes bloom damage easier to trigger.
- Gorou: Boosts DEF and Geo DMG.
- Traveler or Ningguang: The best energy generators.
Genshin Impact: Best Equipment for Albedo Build
- Cinnabar Spindle: The best option you can get to deal maximum bloom damage, but you’ll need to cover its damage/critical loss by using a circlet that adds a critical rate.
- Base Attack: 41
- Bonus Effect: DEF 15.0%
- Skill Effect: Elemental Skill DMG is increased by 40% of DEF. The effect will be triggered no more than once every 1.5s and will be cleared 0.1s after the Elemental Skill deals DMG.
- Harbinger of Dawn: Albedo’s staple and your second best option. Keep in mind about the passive skill requirement, especially when dealing with corrosive damage.
- Base Attack: 39
- Bonus Effect: CRIT DMG 10.2%
- Skill Effect: When HP is above 90%, increases CRIT Rate by 14%.
- Primordial Jade Cutter: Better used on other sword users, but offers good critical rate and passive skill if you can afford it.
- Base Attack: 44
- Bonus Effect: CRIT Rate 9.6%
- Skill Effect: HP increased by 20%. Additionally, provides an ATK Bonus based on 1.2% of the wielder’s Max HP.
- Husk of Opulent Dreams:
- 2-pieces: DEF +30%
- 4-pieces: A character equipped with this Artifact set will obtain the Curiosity effect in the following conditions: When on the field, the character gains 1 stack after hitting an opponent with a Geo attack, triggering a maximum of once every 0.3s. When off the field, the character gains 1 stack every 3s. Curiosity can stack up to 4 times, each providing 6% DEF and a 6% Geo DMG Bonus. When 6 seconds pass without gaining a Curiosity stack, 1 stack is lost.
- Noblesse Oblige:
- 2-pieces: Elemental Burst DMG +20%
- 4-pieces: Using an Elemental Burst increases all party members’ ATK by 20% for 12s. This effect cannot stack.
- Tenacity of Milelith:
- 2-pieces: HP +20%
- 4-pieces: When an Elemental Skill hits an opponent, the ATK of all nearby party members is increased by 20% and their Shield Strength is increased by 30% for 3s. This effect can be triggered once every 0.5s. This effect can still be triggered even when the character who is using this artifact set is not on the field.
- Archaic Petra:
- 2-pieces: Gain a 15% Geo DMG Bonus
- 4-pieces: Upon obtaining an Elemental Shard created through a Crystallize Reaction, all party members gain 35% DMG Bonus for that particular element for 10s. Only one form of Elemental DMG Bonus can be gained in this manner at any one time.
Aiming for a complete 4-pieces Husk of Opulent Dreams is pretty much a no-brainer if you’re going for a DPS build. Why? It’s thanks to the Curiosity mechanic, where you can obtain a total of four stacks that translates to more than 24% extra DEF and Geo damages. However, getting a full 4-pieces with great sub and main stats will take a lot of time and Resin. Try combining 2-pieces of Archaic Petra and Husk of Opulent Dreams while working on it.
But if you’re working towards the best support build for Albedo instead, then there are other options as well. Either go with 4-pieces Noblesse Oblige if no one else has it, 4-pieces Tenacity of Milelith, or 4-pieces Archaic Petra if you have strong elemental damage dealers party members.