Gorou the 4-star Geo Bow character that was added in Genshin Impact 2.3, is the general of the Watatsumi Army. Thanks to his and Arataki Itto inclusions, there is now more variety of team builds and Geo characters to use in Abyss instead of everyone just running Zhongli all the time. Here’s one of the best Gorou support builds that you can try for your Genshin Impact team.
YouTuber Gacha Gamer has made a pretty detailed Genshin Impact video regarding the new Gorou build. But if you prefer a text guide or don’t have time to watch the 11-minutes long video, you can read the key takeaways below.
In the Genshin Impact video above, the first thing that Gacha Gamer notes is Gorou is the first character that focuses on “boosting DEF-scaling Geo characters” with dealing damage is a secondary priority. And as such, the strategy and build you use Gorou with is going to be somewhat different than usual, like starting a fight with Gorou’s Skills or Burst to capitalize on their bonuses.
Gorou: Best Team Members
When building a team with Gorou, it’s recommended to always aim at a Mono Geo team to maximize his potential. But that doesn’t mean other types of teams won’t work well — just a little tricky to properly synergize or very situational.
- Albedo: Boosts Albedo’s Transient Bloom.
- Arataki Itto or Noelle: Gets increased DEF and Geo DMG.
- Zhongli: Extra damage from the shards.
- Diona: Healing support.
- Bennett or Fischl: Gives damage boosts or additional support attacks.
Genshin Impact: Best Equipment for Gorou Build
- Favonius Warbow: You should always pick Bows with energy recharge skills, and this is your best option although you need to deal decent critical rate to trigger it. With that in mind, don’t forget to use Circlet that gives a Critical Rate bonus.
- Base Attack: 41
- Bonus Effect: Energy Recharge
- Skill Effect: CRIT Hits have a 60% chance to generate a small amount of Elemental Particles, which will regenerate 6 Energy for the character. Can only occur once every 12s.
- Elegy for the End: Despite Gacha Gamer not recommending it, this Bow has a synergy that plays well with Gorou when you use it with the Husk of Opulent Dreams set.
- Base Attack: 46
- Bonus Effect: DEF +30%
- Skill Effect: A character equipped with this Artifact set will obtain the Curiosity effect in the following conditions: When on the field, the character gains 1 stack after hitting an opponent with a Geo attack, triggering a maximum of once every 0.3s. When off the field, the character gains 1 stack every 3s. Curiosity can stack up to 4 times, each providing 6% DEF and a 6% Geo DMG Bonus. When 6 seconds pass without gaining a Curiosity stack, 1 stack is lost..
Recommended Artifacts and Constellations
- Husk of Opulent Dreams:
- 2-pieces: DEF +30%
- 4-pieces: A character equipped with this Artifact set will obtain the Curiosity effect in the following conditions: When on the field, the character gains 1 stack after hitting an opponent with a Geo attack, triggering a maximum of once every 0.3s. When off the field, the character gains 1 stack every 3s. Curiosity can stack up to 4 times, each providing 6% DEF and a 6% Geo DMG Bonus. When 6 seconds pass without gaining a Curiosity stack, 1 stack is lost.
- Emblem of Severed Fate:
- 2-pieces: Energy Recharge +20%
- Increases Elemental Burst DMG by 25% of Energy Recharge. A maximum of 75% bonus DMG can be obtained in this way.
- Noblesse Oblige:
- 2-pieces: Elemental Burst DMG +20%
- 4-pieces: Using an Elemental Burst increases all party members’ ATK by 20% for 12s. This effect cannot stack
- The Exile:
- 2-pieces: Energy Recharge +20%
- Ocean-Hued Clam:
- 2-pieces: Healing Bonus +15%
4-pieces of Husk of Opulent Dreams and Emblem of Severed Fate are decent Artifacts sets, but you must remember that dealing damage is not a priority for Gorou’s mostly-support build. And his damage is nothing to write home in the first place anyway. You can also pick 4-pieces Noblesse Oblige if no one else uses it. And for something more time and cost-effective (aka cheaper to build), double 2-piece sets of Husk of Opulent Dreams, Emblem of Severed Fate, or The Exile also works well. Try out 2-pieces Ocean-Hued Clam in case you want to maximize his healing potential.
For Constellations, go for C2, C4, and C6. While C2 Sitting Hound: Steady as a Clock isn’t really that big of a deal, C4 Lapping Hound: Warm as Water turns him into the best healer in the game, and C6 Valiant Hound: Mountainous Fealty is the foundation of the Mono Geo team boost.