In Genshin Impact, Fragile Bone Shards are an ascension item that is required to level up various weapons in the game. To get the shards, you will need to seek out and destroy specific Bosses called Geovishap Hatchlings. That said, here’s everything you need to know about Geovishap Hatchlings in the hit game Genshin Impact.
Where to Find Geovishap Hatchlings in Genshin Impact
In short, to find Geovishap Hatchlings, you are going to need to head to several named locations in the game. The list below has all named locations in Genshin Impact. The locations are all situated in Liyue, so be sure to have unlocked that region before progressing.
- Tainqiu Valley: Spread out in the area called Tainqiu Valley, you can potentially find quite a few of these Geovishap Hatchlings. Check around the spots closest to Dunyue Ruins and the area south of the main teleporter. Tainqiu Valley is also great if you are low level as most of the hatchlings around Valley will be low level.
- Stone Gate: At Stone Gate, one Geovishap Hatchling will be in the area across the road from an NPC with a sick wife.
- Dihua Marsh: On the shore and under a tree, you can find one of the Geovishap Hatchlings in Dihua Marsh.
- Guyun Stone Forest: The second to last location where you can potentially find some Geovishap Hatchlings is at the Guyun Stone Forest. The Stone Forest is a series of islands that are far to the right of the mainland. The smallest of the islands to the south is where you will find the Hatchlings.
- Huaguang Stone Forest: The last location on the list is the Huaguang Stone Forest, and at this location, you can find Geovishap Hatchlings in the far western portion of the forest.
Our Other Genshin Impact Guides
Now that you know where to find the Geovishap Hatchlings in Genshin Impact, I will now go over how to fight them. To start, you will need to bring characters with Anemo attacks as the hatchlings are weak to this attack type. The following characters below have this attack type.
- Traveler (with Anemo form)
Next, use the Anemo attacks to flip the hatchlings on their backs, as doing so will make them extremely vulnerable to melee attacks. When they are on their backs, switch to a character with a melee weapon like a Claymore. Using Claymores is a great idea since the weapon type is incredibly effective against Geo enemies.
The last tip I have for you is to watch out for their burrow attack because they can potentially drop two geo shards. If you pick up the shards, you will get a shield that will stun the hatchling if it rolls into you.
When you kill the Geo Hatchling in Genshin Impact, it will potentially drop the following artifact and ascension items below.
Geo Hatchling Ascension Item Drops:
- Fragile Bone Shard
- Sturdy Bone Shard at Level 40+
- Fossilized Bone Shard at Level 60+
Geo Hatchling Artifact Item Drop Traits:
- The Exile
- Traveling Doctor
That is everything you needed to know where to find Geovishap Hatchlings and more in Genshin Impact. If you found this guide useful, make sure to let me know in the comments below and share it so it can help someone else!