Windtrace is a team-based multiplayer event debuted in Genshin Impact 1.5 where a player acts as the Hunter and the others as the Rebels. The Hunters’ have to find all the Rebels hiding within the time limit, while the Rebels must avoid being discovered. Before you and your friends participate in this fun, Prop Hunt-like event though, here is a guide for everything you need to know regarding Genshin Impact‘s Windtrace event.
Genshin Impact: How to Participate in and Details on Windtrace Event
1. Windtrace Event Prerequisite, Schedule, and Rewards
- Start at: January 13, 2022
- Ends on: January 27, 2022
How to unlock:
- Reach Adventure Rank 20+
- Complete “Chapter II: Act I: Ritou Escape Plan” Archon Quest.
On the first day, you can get a maximum of 1,200 Windtrace Coins, and the limit will increase every day until 6,000 Coins on Day 6. Complete Windtrace Challenges to get more rewards, including Primogems, Talent Level-Up Materials, Character EXP Materials, and 50-150 Mora each.
- Day 1 – January 13, 2022: Windtrace Coin x1,200
- Day 2 – January 14, 2022: TBA
- Day 3 – January 15, 2022: TBA
- Day 4 – January 16, 2022: TBA
- Day 5 – January 17, 2022: TBA
- Day 6 – January 18, 2022: Windtrace Coin x6,000
2. Guide to Unlock Mondstadt, Liyue, and Inazuma Windtrace Genshin Impact Maps
To unlock the Windtrace Maps or Contested Zones, you have to unlock the Statues of the Seven in each area first. Once finishing “The Outlander Who Caught the Wind” Archon Quest Prologue, you can visit and unlock most of the Statues of the Seven. However, there are several Statues that can only be unlocked after clearing specific obstacles or objectives:
- Mondstadt, Windwail Highland Statue: Defeat the Eye of the Storm guarding it.
- Mondstadt, Dragonspine: Melt the Ancient Rime encasing the Statue using an attack with the power of Scarlet Quartz.
- Mondstadt, Brightcrown Mountains: Complete “Hurdle” Archon Quest Prologue Act III.
- Inazuma, Narukami Island: Complete “Setting Sail” Archon Quest.
- Inazuma, the rest of the islands: Complete “Ritou Escape Plan” Archon Quest.
See below for all the locations of the Statues.
3. How to Start a Windtrace Match
To participate in the event, find and talk to the Adventurer’s Guild Receptionist Katheryne and Gygax. In the Windtrace event for Genshin Impact version 1.5 and 2.4, Gygax can be found in the north of the City of Mondstadt. Check your map and look for a black cat icon.
4. Play as Hunters or Rebels with Friends or Randoms
As previously stated, in a Windtrace game, one person will play as the Hunter, while the others will play as Rebels. If the Hunter captures all Rebels within the time limit, they win. The Rebel team, on the other hand, wins as long as they are not completely caught. During the preparation time, in Genshin Impact 2.4, the Hunter’s screen will be obscure to prevent them seeing which paths the Rebels take to hide. Hunter also gain reduced stamina usage.
The Contested Zone that any players have unlocked will be chosen at random during a Windtrace match. Players can play custom matches with friends in co-op Custom Matches or in Random Matches against strangers.
5. Windward Arts Guide in Genshin Impact Windtrace Event
During the event, all Combat Talents will be replaced with Windward Arts. You can pick the Windward Arts you want to use in the Windtrace event menu as well as the match lobby before the game starts. Secret Favors are Windward Arts that can be picked up that replace the Elemental Burst.
Rebel’s Windward Arts
- Normal Attack:
- Lay Bait: Place a suitable piece of Bait in the area ahead to confuse the Hunter. If the Hunter attempts to capture the Bait, their vision will be obscured for a short time. If you are in a disguise, the Bait will take on the same guise as you. Has two charges and lasts indefinitely if it is not captured.
- Transparency: Enter hidden mode temporarily for 5 seconds and cannot be seen by the Hunter. Entering this mode will dispel your current disguise. The Hunter’s Capture!, Mysterious Hunch, and Sensor Aura Windward Arts will all still take effect against a hidden Rebel.
- Elemental Skill:
- Disguise: When pressed, randomly disguise as one of the specialized objects in the area. When hold, remove the disguise. It will also be removed when you glide or swim.
- Elemental Burst:
- Starstep: Movement Speed is greatly increased for the next 30 seconds.
Hunter’s Windward Arts
- Normal Attack:
- Sensor Aura: You will be notified if the area around you contains a Rebel. If a detected Rebel move, sprints, jumps, or glides within the next 5 seconds, a marking pillar of light will be left at their current position for 5 seconds.
- Mysterious Hunch: Briefly show the direction in which all the Rebels can be found.
- Elemental Skill:
- Capture!: Dispel the disguise of a nearby Rebel and capture them.
- Elemental Burst:
- Imprisoning Curse: Randomly dispels the disguise of one Rebel and restrains them in a cage for 40 seconds. The Rebels will be warned of this action.
- Insight: Dispels the disguises of all Rebels and briefly marks their location on the minimap while showing the position of nearby Rebels with a pillar of light that follows them for 20 seconds. During this time, the Rebels will be unable to disguise themselves. The Rebels will be warned of this action.
- Hunter’s Intuition: Randomly dispels the disguise of one Rebel and marks their location on the minimap for 60 seconds. If the target is nearby, their location will be marked by a pillar of light that moves with the target. The target cannot Disguise themselves for the duration of this effect. The Rebels will be warned of this action.
6. Quick Character Guide for Genshin Impact Windtrace Event
These are recommended characters that you might want to use in a Windtrace match:
- Kaeya: Reduced Stamina use while sprinting and a tall character.
- Diluc: A tall character has a faster sprint.
- Childe: A tall character has a faster sprint.
- Eula: A tall character has a faster sprint.
- Rosaria: A tall character has a faster sprint.
- Zhongli: A tall character has a faster sprint.
- Lisa: A tall character has a faster sprint.
- Jean: A tall character has a faster sprint.
- Ning: A tall character has a faster sprint.
- Beidou: A tall character has a faster sprint.
- Xiao: Reduced Stamina use while climbing.
- Razor: Reduced Stamina use while sprinting.
Note: Kamisato Ayaka and Mona’s Alternate Sprints cannot be used in the Genshin Impact version 2.4 Windtrace event.
Genshin Impact: The Best Characters as of Patch 2.4
Genshin Impact is available on PC, Android, iOS, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 platforms.