Ghostwire: Tokyo players hoping to get the coveted platinum trophy on their PS5 will need to find all of the game’s tanuki locations to earn the “Your tail’s showing” trophy. The first tanuki is acquired at Shiroyama Shrine after cleansing it. Doing so unlocks the Tanuki Hunt side-quest and is the first step to finding all 25 locations. The quest can be completed by finding a tailed object at the small building north of the shrine grounds.
Ghostwire: Tokyo – How to Find All Tanuki Locations (Part 1)
- Green Maple Tanuki: Kuo Shrine – Found on the far southern border of the region, at the Shibuara Park landmark. The tanuki is disguised as a children’s panda ride.
- Yellow Necklace Tanuki: Kuo Shrine – In the southeast corner of the Kuo Shrine region, find the disguised tanuki on the top of a tall building with a large red neon sign. The tanuki is disguised as a small neon sign.
- Pink Furoshiki Tanuki: Kamio Shrine – Disguised as a statue in the southwest of the shrine region. The tanuki is right next to the “Hide And Seek 3” side-quest marker. Found in the small shrine with no gate.
- Triangular Leaf Tanuki: Shimokusa Shrine – Located to the west of the shrine. There’s a graveyard with a tanuki disguised as a memorial stone.
- Red Necklace Tanuki: Mukuba Shrine – Located on a rooftop to the south of Mikubo Shrine. There’s a tanuki statue on the high roof.
- Green Purse Tanuki: Onten Shrine – North of Onten Shrine, in the alley near a payphone. Disguised as a cardboard box on a bench.
- Polka Dot Furoshiki Tanuki: Tatsui Shrine – Found under the highway and railroad intersection at the west edge of the Tatsui Shrine region.
- Red Maple Tanuki: Saihama Building Rooftop Torii Gate – Disguised as a tanuki statue in the alley in the northeast of the small region. Right next to the Jizo Statue.
- Elliptical Leaf Tanuki: Hitani Shrine – Off the highway in the southwest corner, there’s a narrow concrete buttress with transformers. The tanuki is disguised as a small statue on top.
- Green Necklace Tanuki: Hitani Shrine – Located in the southwest corner of the Hitani Shrine region. The tanuki is disguised as a bucket in the small park near two vending machines.
- Yellow Flower Tanuki: Chishima Shrine – In the far north of the shrine at the edge of the park. Disguised as a phone booth on the raised edge of the park, near the fence corner.
- Red Scarf Tanuki: Utagawa Shopping District Torii Gate – Located in the far northeastern corner of the region. Drop down the area beneath the highway to the concrete ledge by the waterway. At the end of the path, there’s a tiny door.
- Pink Flower Tanuki: Utagawa Shopping District Torii Gate – Disguised on a giant billboard on the rooftop just north of the “Nesting Evil” side-quest marker.
- Bug-Eaten Leaf Tanuki: Utagawa Shopping District Torii Gate – Disguised as a vending machine in the alley far south of the Torii Gate region, right on the southern edge.