There’s nothing like playing a giant monster. And ‘destroying’ cities that don’t meet a monster’s demands. Gigapocalypse allows one to relive the experience. If you want Godzilla-sized action, look no further. From the minds of Goody Gameworks, comes the 2D fighter Gigapocalypse.
In this game, you aren’t just a monster. Straight from the past, one can play as several creatures. But don’t feel like you have to stay with your first choice. Aside from taking control of prehistoric monsters, here are some other Gigapocalypse features:
- Multiple Monster Choices – Players can choose one of 9 prehistoric creatures. And each comes with its own unique abilities and skills. Who doesn’t want a monster that can adapt?
- Different Stages – Visit the past, present, and future in the 2D fighter Gigapocalypse. Each stage is beautifully detailed as well.
- Themed Enemies – Fighting games often sput generic enemies. But the enemies in this title are all themed. So you won’t be tired of looking at the same enemy visuals.
- Unlockables – Looking to refine your monster skills? Or would you prefer some awesome mutations? After you’ve selected the right upgrades, unlock some minions to fight alongside you.
- Simple Controls – Easy-to-learn controls so that your focus is on all the action.
- Heavy Metal Soundtrack – And Gigapocalypse gives you the appropriate soundtrack as well.
- Visual Destruction – Watch the destruction in a wonderfully rendered pixel-art style.
- It’s Not Over – There are also additional missions and upgrades to unlock. So make sure you spend some time finding how to get them.
Gigapocalypse is currently out in Steam Early Access. You can purchase the title as-is for a 10% discount at $8.99. Hurry and purchase before it goes to full price after July 29.
Are you excited to take control of a Giga monster? What do you look forward to the most? Have you already played the game? Let me know in the comments!