Update 1.0.4 has arrived for God of War‘s PC release, and here’s the complete list of changes and updates added with this patch. God of War (2018) was initially released on PS4 almost four years ago. With that in mind, the PC release didn’t have much to change since the finished product is fully polished by now. If anything, it could only improve on the breathtaking environments. Nevertheless, some challenges come with a PC port either way due to system requirements. The majority of these patch notes for God of War reflect fixes for PC-centric issues. Both the Steam client and higher processing capabilities of a PC are the main focus this time. Here’s everything new with God of War Update 1.0.4.
Update 1.0.4 Patch Notes
- General Fixes
- Feature Addition
- Other Changes
General Game Fixes
- Fixed a glitch where Atreus will become unresponsive when restarting from a checkpoint or saved game
- Graphics driver crashes will no longer occur
- Incorrect VRAM detection on the Intel XE platform will no longer occur
- Display mode setting will no longer be visually set to the windowed mode when resetting display settings to default while using an ultrawide monitor
- Control functionality will no longer be lost if inventory is opened during Realm Travel
- Fixed a crash that could occur at client shutdown
- Added support for DLSS sharpening slider
- Added additional logging capabilities to crash reports to help identify the root causes of intermittent crashes
God of War (2018) is one of the PS4’s most successful titles. With the PC release comes a whole new batch of fans. Of course, God of War will have some growing pains on PC, hence the patch notes. That said, the deep and diverse story elements are only complimented by the addition of plenty of treasures and customizations to find and use. This also comes at the perfect time for God of War: Ragnarok, releasing later this year.
God of War (2018) is available now on PS4, PS5, and PC. For more information regarding the God of War Update 1.0.4 patch, visit the official Steam updates page for God of War.