The latest GTA Online summer update, Los Santos Summer Special, finally drops today. Thanks to Rockstar Games’ official blog post and keen-eyed Reddit users, we know full well what contents come with this year’s GTA Online summer update. Among the most exciting ones are new Superyacht co-op missions and a bunch of supercars you can buy. Can’t let those hard-earned GTA Dollars not be spent on something nice, right? But before we get into the real meat of Los Santos Summer Special update though, let’s take a look at a number of new quality-of-life improvements:
- Some calls, like LJT and Lester, have been reduced to messages.
- An additional two garage slots have been added.
- Personal Vehicles can be returned to storage via Interaction Menu.
- You can now own up to eight different Properties.
- Gaining a speed boost in Races now only works by timing pedal press once ‘Go’ is shown or when the countdown lights are removed in Open Wheel Races.
- Pegasus Vehicle additional spawn locations added.
- When entering the Diamond Casino & Resort, countdown timer for another Lucky Wheel spin will be shown.
- A missile counter for vehicles with limited missiles ammo has been added.
- Snacks can be bought from Wendy and Interaction Menu.
15 New Vehicles in GTA Online Summer Update
Not just adding new vehicles for you to buy, Rockstar also putting in 15 new types of Off-Road Wheels, 30 new sets of Street Wheels, and new tire designs to mod shops. Below are the lists of new cars and their prices.
- Benefactor BR8 (GTA$3,400,000).
- Declasse DR1 (GTA$2,997,000).
- Lampadati Tigon (GTA$2,310,000).
- Invetero Coquette D10 (GTA$1,500,000).
Southern San Andreas Super Autos:
- Canis Seminole Frontier (GTA$678,000).
- Dundreary Landstalker (GTA$1,220,000).
- Imponte Beater Dukes (GTA$378,000).
- BF Club (GTA$1,280,000).
- Maibatsu Penumbra FF (GTA$1,380,000).
Benny’s Original Motorworks:
- Bravado Gauntlet (GTA$615,000).
- Bravado Youga (GTA$195,000).
- Benefactor Glendale (GTA$200,000).
- Declasse Yosemite (GTA$485,000).
- Albany Manana (GTA$10,000).
New Summer Update Missions
Six New Co-Op Missions on Yacht
Galaxy Superyacht owners can host new co-op missions from the yacht’s bridge or by calling Captain Brendan D’arcy with your phone. By hosting and completing all six missions you will instantly unlock a unique outfit. According to the GTA Online Subreddit, this new yacht missions pay about GTA$14,000-25,000. You can buy a Superyacht for GTA$6,000,000-10,000,000. But thankfully this week GTA Online is having a 30% off for yachts.
Aside from yacht, there are discounts for Arcade Drone Station (30% off), Garages (40% off), and Benny’s car conversions (30% off).
New Open World Missions or Jobs
- New Open Wheel Race tracks and features:
- Nine Open Wheel Race tracks.
- Added features to change tire type when pitting.
- New visible tire wear and body damage indicators.
- Staying still for too long or going in the wrong direction makes you non-contact.
- Arcade update:
- ‘Ace of Fury’ (GTA$ 666,000) and ‘Qub3d’ (GTA$ 333,000) added.
- ‘Street Crimes: Gang Wars’ can now be played as a single-player game against AI opponents.
- 10 movie props collectibles all over Los Santos. Each collectible will give you GTA$10,000 and RPs.
- All new Business Battles, on the aircraft carrier and factories, have been added.
- From now through August 19th, winning a Business Battle will earn you the Pink Dot Tech mask.
- Diamond Adversary Series brings eight game modes to The Diamond Casino interiors.
Ready to wreak havoc in Los Santos with friends again with GTA Online summer update? Tell us what you think of these new content (and the lackluster mission payments) in the comments below.