The Gunfire Reborn update for June 2 is finally here, and here’s everything that’s been changed and added with this patch! The team has clarified that this update very much is to make tweaks upon some of the issues players noticed since the hefty Summer update last month. They’ve also clarified that at the end of July, updates for difficulty on Reincarnation and changes to the new Abyssal Serpent boss will be made. Be sure to keep an eye out for that. Without further adieu, here’s everything that’s changed with the Gunfire Reborn July 2, 2021 update!
Gunfire Reborn July 2 Update Patch Notes
- Optimized [Tao]’s model
Spiritual Blessings and Occult Scrolls:
- Painkiller(Universal): Convert all elemental effects applied to the hero to buffs with opposite effect
- One Dog Army(Ao Bai): When not dual-wielding, +150% weapon and skill DMG, -20% DMG taken and +3%/s HP recovery
- Oppressor (Qing Yan): When your current HP% is greater than or equal to that of an enemy, deal additional 150% DMG to them; Otherwise, take 30% less DMG from them
- Sword Mastery (Tao): You can stack “Blade Heart” even when [Swords Out] is on cooldown
- Ice Blade (Tao): Deal an additional 10% of enemy’s current HP as True DMG (Up to 5,000 True DMG) upon hitting an enemy with a flying sword
- Blossom Enthusiast (Tao): -8 hits required to trigger [Fatal Bloom] additional DMG
- A good man (Universal): After reviving a teammate, gain a buff for 20s. Grants +2%/s HP recovery, +20% movement speed and +30% weapon and skill DMG with the buff
- [Enhanced] Mystic Mirror: Apply “Yang” status to yourself after dealing DMG to an enemy, which grants +50% weapon & skill DMG for 12s. Apply “Yin” status to yourself after taking DMG, which grants -20% DMG taken for 12s
- [Enhanced] Elemental Cube: Two elements are randomly designated upon reloading. Grants +50% elemental DMG to both elements and doubles the chance for players to trigger corresponding elemental effect.
- [Enhanced] Dual-edge: Gain 1% DMG dealt and 0.2% DMG taken(up to +20% DMG taken) for each enemy you kill.
- [Enhanced] Ammo Belt: +150% Ammo Capacity
- [Enhanced] Snow Boots: Gain immunity to the Slow Effects and DMG taken from traps.
- [Enhanced] Ninja Invincibility: For each second that player doesn’t deal any DMG with weapons, +10% weapon DMG (up to 100%).
- [Enhanced] Deadly Counter: After taking damage, all hits will become Crit Hits within 6s.
- [Enhanced] Silver Medal: Your shield starts recharging with +50% shield recovery speed when you kill an enemy or destroy an item.
- [Enhanced] Gold Medal: Recover 15% Max Shield/Armor when you use Primary Skill, Secondary Skill or Dash.
- [Enhanced] Magic Magazine: When reloading, there is a 33% chance that no reserve ammo is used. And recovers spare ammo equivalent to the magazine size
- [Enhanced] Genesis: When shooting, there is a 30% chance to add extra ammo into the magazine.
- [Enhanced] Penetration Bullet: Crit hits deal full DMG directly to enemy’s HP rather than Shield/Armor
- [Enhanced] Elemental Convergence: +15% elemental DMG for each nearby enemy with Elemental Effect.
- Removed the scroll [Coins of Life]
- Adjusted the possibility of obtaining different amounts of occult scrolls while picking up [Mysterious Chest]
- Optimized status icon names of enhanced occult scrolls
- Added a cooldown timer status icon for the talent [Life Guardian]
- Optimized icons of some [Tao]’s ascensions
Special Effect & Model:
- Tweaked heroes’ heights so that heroes’ feet could be fully displayed when standing on the flat ground
- Optimized special effect of charging when Ichthyosaurus Offspring summons poisonous ball
- Optimized [Ichthyosaurus Offspring]’s appearence cutscene
- Added on-screen water-drop special effect for players in the area when [Abyssal Serpent] sweeps the floor with sea waves
- Optimized special effect of the ascension [Nova Release] and the occult scroll [Thunder Screen]
- Optimized absorbing special effect of the crystals in the daily challenge theme [Crystal Seeker]
- Optimized special effects of weapon/scroll drops
- Added sound effects when flying swords, summoned by [Tao]’s [Swords Out], hit objects with different materials
- Optimized sound effects of [Abyssal Serpent]’s skills
- Optimized sound effects when the cutscene in which [Abyssal Serpent] appears is playing
- Adjusted the volume of the sound effect playing when the wall in [Longling Tomb-Stage 3] is destroyed
- Optimized frequency of the hit sounds of weapons
- Optimized a route in [Duo Fjord-Stage 1]
- Tweaked jumping difficulty of a platform in [Desert Ruins]
- Adjusted spawn parameter of [Elite Spearman], [Elite Horsehead] & [Elite Arsonist]. These monsters will not show up in small rooms
- Adjusted platforming level spawn parameter. Platforming levels will not appear in normal difficulty
- Optimized special effect of the weapon skill of [Fire Tower]
- Optimized special effect of the weapon skill of [Poisonous Ghost]
- Optimized some weapons’ idle animation
- Optimized muzzle special effect when [Pupil] is fully charged
- Fixed abnormal reload speed caused by the inscription “When reloading right after killing an enemy, Reload Speed +50% and save surplus ammo as bonus reserves.”
- Fixed an issue where the exclusive inscription of [Angelic Aura] “If all five bursts hit the target, shots do not consume any ammo for 3s” may not take effect
- Fixed an issue where the status icon of [Field Support] may not be displayed
- Fixed an issue where the status icon of the exclusive inscription of [Poisonous Ghost] (+100% Lucky shot chance on the next hit after landing a shot twice) is abnormal
- Fixed an issue where the amount of copper gained from the talent [Golden Touch] is shown abnormally
- Fixed an issue where heroes may use their skills or reload their weapons autonomously
- Fixed an issue where the projectiles of [Talisman] cannot home in on the [Abyssal Serpent]’s tongues
- Fixed an issue where players could pick up buns when equipped with [Paranormality]
- Fixed an issue where the scroll [Bluff] may not take effect when players own the scroll [Paranormality]
- Fixed an issue where the effect of the scroll [Mystic Mirror] may remain for some time after dropping the scroll
- Fixed an issue where some body parts of heroes may sink into the ground in [Desert Ruins]
- Fixed an issue where players may fall off the map in [Duo Fjord-Stage 1]
- Fixed an issue where the monsters in [Longling Tomb-Stage 3] are invisible with only shadows cast on the ground.
- Fixed an issue where players may get stuck somewhere in [Duo Fjord-Stage 2]
- Fixed an issue where monsters may keep staying out of the map in [Longling Tomb-Stage 4]
- Fixed an issue where Golden Goblets may sink into the floor slot in [Shoreside Valley]
- Fixed a clipping issue in the boulder vault in [Desert Ruins]
- Fixed an issue where players may get stuck somewhere in [Desert Ruins]
- Fixed an issue where players may get stuck somewhere in [Eternal Palace-Final stage]
- Fixed an issue where a vault portal may spawn at an unaccessible place in [Longling Tomb]
- Fixed a clipping issue in [Basement of Longling]
- Fixed an issue where players may encounter serious screen shaking with other weapons after firing [Tiger Cannon]
- Fixed an issue where [Qing Yan] can leap out of the map in a vault of [Longling Tomb]
- Fixed abnormal special effect when [Lu Wu] slams the ground
- Fixed an issue where players may get stuck by attacks from dark-faced bandits
- Fixed incorrect description of [Exploding Lantern Spirit] in the logbook
- Fixed incorrect data shown in the descriptions of some status icons
- Fixed an issue where the goods sold by a peddler may be listed in different slots if players visit it for the 2nd time
- Fixed an issue where players would not take DMG from the scroll [Bloody Ammo]
For such an insignificant update, that is a lot of patch notes. Either way, the Gunfire Reborn July 2 update really brings a lot of solid changes to the table. The new enhanced occult scrolls and spiritual blessings should throw some new things into the mix on your runs. And beyond that, I’m a little happy to see Coins of Life depart from the game. All of your money for a single counter to lethal damage really isn’t worth your time.