Halo Infinite has today launched its February 3 update on all platforms, so here’s the full list of changes and fixes with this patch. The main highlight of this patch, and one that seems to be a major point of contention as of late, is fixes for Big Team Battle’s matchmaking. As of late, players have had troubles both getting into and staying in matches of Big Team Battle, so it’s great to see the team still putting in as much effort as they can to try and rectify the issues. A heap of other BTB changes have been made as well, alongside with several other worthwhile fixes, so let’s not waste more time. Without further adieu, here’s everything new with Halo Infinite in its February 3 update!
Halo Infinite February 3 Update Patch Notes
- Matchmaking service improvements for Big Team Battle (BTB). Players should find full matches quicker and more consistently.
- Scorpion Tanks and Wraiths will appear more frequently on BTB maps.
- Fireteam members in BTB matches will have the selected Fireteam Marker color, but may still start the match in different areas of the map.
- Join in progress rules updated to avoid matchmaking into games which are nearly complete.
- Changes to Oddball in both Ranked and Arena Multiplayer playlists:
- If the score is tied when a round’s timer runs out, one minute is added back to the timer. If the score is tied at the end of the additional minute, then the round will be declared a tie.
- The match will end if two separate rounds end in a tie and the victory will go to the team with more rounds won.
- Halo Championship Series (HCS) variant of Free-For-All Slayer added to the Custom Game modes list.
- In Custom Games, changes to Free-For-All Slayer, FFA Oddball, Neutral Flag and Tactical Slayer game options update correctly.
Halo Infinite is available exclusively on PC and Xbox platforms. For more information regarding this update, check out the official support site.