DC Comics celebrates Harley Quinn’s 30th anniversary this week with a supersized one-shot. The special issue features ten brand-new stories in its almost 100 pages. Plus, it brings together some of the Clown Princess of Crime’s classic creators to celebrate her 30th. This includes Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti, Chad Hardin, Paul Dini, Sam Humphries, and more!
Harley Quinn’s 30th Anniversary Preview
Harley’s 30th is celebrated with ten new stories for the mischievous DC villain. While plots are unknown for each story, the titles and writers behind them has been revealed. They include:
- “Uncommon Bonds” from Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti
- “Siren Soiree” from Paul Dini
- “Cease And Decease” from Rafael Scavone
- “A Legend Is Born” from Sam Humphries
- “Submissive” from Stjepan Sejic
- “The Last Harley Story” from Rob Williams
- “How To Train Your Hyena” from Stephanie Phillips
- “Troop Harley Quinn” from Cecil Castellucci
- “Criminal Sanity” from Kami Garcia
- “Harley’s World” from Mindy Lee and Terry Dodson
The folks over at BleedingCool shared some preview panels from Conner and Palmiotti’s “Uncommon Bonds” story. It features Harley heading to Wayne Manor to protect Alfred from an incoming robbery. She explains that this is to pay back the butler for aiding her pet beaver. The two end up taking out the bad guys together, and make a pretty good team in doing so. However, the previews end as Alfred begins piecing together some clues as to who is after Wayne Manor and what is behind all of this.
Covers, Covers, and More Covers!
Harley Quinn’s 30th anniversary special is receiving quite the treatment from DC. The supersized issue is available in an array of different covers from some legendary comic artists. Ten different variants feature art from artists like Amanda Conner, Scott Campbell, Bruce Timm, Adam Hughes, and more!
After debuting back in the episode “Joker’s Favor” of the 1992 Batman: The Animated Series, Harley Quinn has left quite a make on the DC Universe. Now, those 30 years of hijinks are getting quite the party in Harley Quinn 30th Anniversary Special #1, on sale Tuesday.