Update 21.0 has arrived for Hearthstone, and here’s the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch. This patch is meant to be readying players for the next expansion, United in Stormwind, which releases on August 3. The expansion is meant to be a fairly large one and includes 135 new cards, new features, questlines, and other tools. Update 21.0 otherwise includes a new hero, cosmetics, as well as some changes to Battlegrounds, Duels, and the Arena.
With the patch notes taken directly from Blizzard’s website, here’s everything new with Hearthstone update 21.0.
Hearthstone Update 21.0 Patch Notes
- Dungar’s Gryphon
- Choose a flightpath. Complete it to get a bonus!
When the 21.0 patch goes live on July 27, all players’ Duels ratings will be reset and the pool of eligible cards you can use to build your 15-card start deck will be updated as follows:
- (NEW) United in Stormwind
- Wailing Caverns Mini-Set
- Forged in the Barrens
- The Darkmoon Races Mini-Set
- Madness at the Darkmoon Faire
- Scholomance Academy
- (NEW) Kobolds & Catacombs
- Journey to Un’Goro
- One Night in Kharazan
- Whispers of the Old Gods
- Curse of Naxxramas
- Legacy (Basic/Classic)
New Passive Treasures
- At the start of your turn, summon a 2/2 Adventurer with a random bonus effect.
- After you play a Legendary minion, reduce the cost of a random minion in your hand by (1).
- Your minions have +2/+2 but cost (2) more (up to 10).
- Your Neutral minions cost (1) less and have +1/+1.
- At the start of the game, equip a random Legendary weapon.
- After a friendly Deathrattle minion dies, destroy the minion with the lowest Health.
Ooops, All Spells!
- At the start of the game, destroy all minions in your deck. Your spells cost (1) less and gain +2 Spell Damage.
Banned Cards and Buckets
The following cards have been banned from between-game card buckets and will not be Discoverable:
- Final Showdown
- Lost in the Park
- Defend the Dwarven District
- Sorcerer’s Gambit
- Rise to the Occasion
- Seek Guidance
- Find the Imposter
- Command the Elements
- The Demon Seed
- Raid the Docks
Other Banned cards:
- Unstable Evolution is banned from card buckets but will still be Discoverable.
- Maestra of the Masquerade is banned from deckbuilding, card buckets, and will not be Discoverable.
Seven new designer card buckets have been added as well:
- Furious Fel (Demon Hunter)
- AHHHH RATS!!!! (Hunter)
- Fire!!! (Mage)
- SI:7 (Rogue)
- ARRRRRRG! (Warrior)
- Auction House (Neutral)
- Live to Win (Neutral)
Smart buckets have also been updated to include the two new card sets, and two previously missed card sets: Legacy (Classic/Basic) and Demon Hunter Initiate. Lastly, you’ll be able to find United in Stormwind cards in Duels card buckets after the patch goes live and before the expansion launches.
When United in Stormwind launches on August 3, the Arena will include cards from the following sets:
- United in Stormwind
- Forged in the Barrens
- Wailing Caverns Mini-Set
- Madness at the Darkmoon Faire
- Darkmoon Races Mini-Set
- The Witchwood
- Saviors of Uldum
- Rastakhan’s Rumble
Book of Heroes Illidan – Coming August 10
After regaining his freedom, Illidan was eager to prove himself once and for all. But even as he journeyed far from his homeland and joined forces with new allies, the thirst for power never left him. It was only a matter of time before it interfered with his judgment, resulting in more dire consequences than ever before…Defeating all 8 bosses in this linear adventure will reward 1 Demon Hunter pack, containing only Demon Hunter cards from Standard.
United in Stormwind Rewards Track & Tavern Pass
When the Rewards Track refreshes when United in Stormwind launches, all players will automatically be granted any unclaimed rewards on both the free track and the Tavern Pass track (if purchased), and a completely new Rewards Track of unlockable loot will take its place.
Please note that incomplete Forged in the Barrens Gameplay achievements will no longer grant Reward Track XP once United in Stormwind releases on August 3, at which point the United in Stormwind Gameplay achievements will take over, so don’t forget to finish and claim those before you’ve left the Barrens.
The Forged in the Barrens Tavern Pass will expire with the launch of United in Stormwind and a new Tavern Pass will be made available for purchase—offering a host of brand-new cosmetic rewards and XP boosts.
As a reminder, Battlegrounds Perks are now available as a standalone purchase, separate from the Tavern Pass.
New Cosmetic Coins
Two new Cosmetic Coins are being added with United in Stormwind, the Stormwind coin and the Lordaeron coin. The Stormwind coin is obtainable by completing the first 90 levels of the Rewards Track with the Tavern Pass. The Lordaeron coin is obtainable by collecting 135 unique United in Stormwind cards.
Keep in mind that United in Stormwind will have a 35-card Mini-Set that will make it easier to reach both the 25 total United in Stormwind Legendary cards for the Archbishop Benedictus Diamond card reward and the 135 total United in Stormwind cards for the Lordaeron Cosmetic Coin. We’ll have more information to share about the United in Stormwind Mini-Set in the coming months.
Bug Fixes & Game Improvements
- Fixed a bug where Shenanigans would not transform Soul Fragments into Bananas.
- Fixed a bug where Wicked Stab could be upgraded by cards that temporarily increase mana.
- Fixed a bug where Shan’do Wildclaw would not lay flat on the board.
- Fixed a bug where Defender would not play its VO when summoned by Noble Sacrifice.
- Fixed a bug where golden Soul of the Forest would not summon golden Treants.
- Fixed a bug where golden Ancestral Spirit would not summon a golden minion.
- Fixed a bug where golden Grave Rune would not summon golden minions.
- Fixed a bug where golden Primal Talisman would not summon golden minions.
- Fixed a Battlegrounds bug where Y’shaarj’s Battlegrounds Hero Power would not take its newly summoned minion into account when deciding which warband attacked first.
- Fixed a Battlegrounds bug where Baron Rivendare was causing visual issues when in a warband with golden Kaboom Bot.
- Fixed a Battlegrounds bug where Galakrond’s Greed was missing a tooltip for Discover.
- Fixed a Battlegrounds bug where Come One, Come All! Was missing a tooltip for Discover.
- Fixed a Battlegrounds bug where Avatar of N’Zoth was missing a tooltip for Deathrattle.
- Fixed a Battlegrounds bug where Sprout It Out! Was missing a tooltip for Taunt.
- Fixed a Battlegrounds bug where Hero Powers for Aranna Starseeker, Infinite Toki, Millhouse Manastorm, Nozdormu, and Tess Greymane were missing a tooltip for Refresh.
- Fixed a Duels bug where Diamond cards would only be Diamond in appearance for the first game of a run.
- Fixed a Duels bug where Lone Champion and minions summoned by Gift of Luminance were not buffed by Hold the Line.
- Updated the description of the Roguish Maneuvers Hero Power in Duels to be more accurate.
- Fixed a bug with Book of Mercenaries Guff where A Party of Adventurers will cast Against All Odds, even if they have board control.
- Fixed a bug where one of Lady Katrana Prestor’s emotes was showing incorrect text.
- Searching “Refund” in the Collection will now populate with cards eligible for a dust refund.
- Pressing and holding on the Rewards Track page arrows will now flip through the pages quickly.
- Fixed a bug where if a player disconnected from a ranked match, they’d get a message stating they won their last ranked game upon relogging.
Blizzard usually hosts a stream to reveal expansion cards and discuss Hearthstone patch notes. It didn’t happen this time, due to the company being sued for allegations of sexual harassment within its workspace. While some players may be unhappy with Blizzard’s lack of communication regarding the upcoming expansion, Hearthstone update 21.0 should still have enough meat on its bones to keep most busy until then. As usual, bug fixes are always a welcome addition.
Hearthstone is available now on PC, iOS, and Android. For more information regarding the Hearthstone patch notes, visit the official Blizzard site.