Kubold has released a Hellish Quart update 2023.03.13.0 today, March 13, 2023, and we have compiled its complete list of changes here. The 3D sword deuling game’s purpose is to improve the player experience by fixing some issues affecting the game. At the same time, Kubold will be introducing some minor changes and a few additions with this update. Without further ado, let’s have a look at the official Hellish Quart pre-alpha update v.2023.03.13.0 patch notes.
Hellish Quart Update 2023.03.13.0 Patch Notes
Existing Bug Fixes:
- The game now recognizes when the fight ends with a draw (a draw is possible with optional rules: if on double kill both fencers get a point instead of no points)
- Jacek, Barabasz: some changes in the animtree in hopes to fix, or at least reducing, the self-cancelling attacks bug (trying to go around the problem until I figure out what is causing it)
- FPP mode is unavailable with wooden or blunt weapons until the camera system is refactored
- Max rounds increased to 30 in sharp duels (flags will be replaced with numbers if above 7)
- You can now choose between 3 double kill resolving rules when choosing a game.
About the Game
Hellish Quart uses active ragdolls and all damage your blade can do is calculated with real-time physics. Four gamepad buttons represent 4 attack angles. Different button combinations give special attacks and combos. If you are not attacking, your character will automatically try to hold guard against your opponent’s attacks. The blades really block each other, and that’s what’s keeping you alive. To win, you must use proper timing, measurement, technique, speed, and wits – just like when fencing in the real world.
Hellish Quart has a historical setting. The game takes place in 17th century Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth. The character models are made using 3D scanned clothes based on fashion from the period, and the single-player campaign (when done!) will be firmly rooted in the realities of life in the region. You will duel Zaporozhian Cossacks, Polish Hussars, Tatars, Turkish Janissaries, Swedish Reiters, French Musketeers, and more.
Hellish Quart update 2023.03.13.0 patch notes are available on the game’s Steam page here. The game’s enthusiasts and fighting game lovers can enjoy the game via Microsoft Windows.