It’s been a very busy year for gamers! With heavy release after heavy release, most gamers are probably having a hard time keeping up. And with these new games in August, it doesn’t seem to be slowing down with plenty of heavy hitters coming out this next month. Here are a few of those popular new games that everyone is looking forward to.
Madden NFL 20 – August 2nd
Coming out on PS4, PC, Xbox One
The early access of this new game is already out for those who were able to get a hold of it. At the beginning of this month, everyone’s going to get there hands on it with new features like Face of the Franchise, a story mode, and special abilities with the players called Superstar X-Factors.
Control – August 27th
Coming out on PS4, PC, and Xbox One
The Developers if hidden gems Alan Wake and Quantum Break have announced that they are coming out with this new game. You play as an Agent of the Federal Bureau of Control, a fictional government agency that handles cases where the laws of physics don’t apply. The protagonist Jesse Faden will be able to use her powers of Telepathy in her mission to find what happened to her missing brother.
Astral Chain – August 30th
Coming out for Nintendo Switch
Platinum Games, the studio responsible for such “Spectacle Fighters” as Bayonetta and Nier: Automata, continues with the trend of super colorful and sensory overloaded games with the new game Astral Chain. You play a Police Officer who’s chained to an entity known as Legion, which you can use to swing around the battlefield in Platinum Games signature stylish combat.
Blair Witch – August 30th
Coming out on PC, Xbox One
Bloober Team, developers of the Layers of Fear games, pump some new life into this popular horror franchise. You play as a cop looking for a boy in the infamous Black Hills of Maryland. What seems to set this apart from other Slender clones is that you won’t be solely by yourself, you’ll also get access to a dog companion that seems to help sniff out clues to lead you on your way.
Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan – August 30th
Coming out for PC, PS4, and Xbox One
Horror fans are in for quite a month! Developer Supermassive Games, creators of Until Dawn, are coming out with the first entry in there new anthology series, Man of Medan. This game might be shorter than Until Dawn, but it promises twice the scares, and twice the gut-wrenching decisions that may or may not lead to the deaths of your characters.
Those are the big releases this month, a complete list can be found below (via GamesRadar). What are you excited for this month? Let us know in the comments!
- Fortnite: Season 10 – August 1st
- Madden 20 (Xbox One, PS4, PC) – August 2nd
- Dry Drowning (PC) – August 2nd
- Metal Wolf Chaos XD (Xbox One, PS4, PC) – August 6th
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall (Xbox One, PS4, PC) – August 6th
- Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Complete Edition (Nintendo Switch) – August 9th
- Friday the 13th – The Game Ultimate Slasher Edition (Nintendo Switch) – August 13th
- Zeus Begins (PC) – August 16th
- RAD (Xbox One, PS4, PC, Nintendo Switch) – August 20th
- Remnant: From the Ashes (Xbox One, PS4, PC) – August 20th
- Life is Strange 2: Episode 4 (Xbox One, PS4, PC) – August 22nd
- Oninaki (PS4, PC, Nintendo Switch) – August 22nd
- Control (Xbox One, PS4, PC) – August 27th
- Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey (PC) – August 27th
- The Bard’s Tale 4: Director’s Cut (Xbox One, PS4) – August 27th
- Taste of Power (PC) – August 27th
- Wreckfest (Xbox One, PS4) – August 27th
- WoW Classic (PC) – August 27th
- Arizona Sunshine: The Damned DLC (PSVR, PC VR) – August 27th
- Headspun (Xbox One, PS4, PC, Nintendo Switch) – August 28th
- Blair Witch (Xbox One, PC) – August 30th
- Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan (Xbox One, PS4, PC) – August 30th
- Astral Chain (Nintendo Switch) – August 30th
A professional wrestler since 2007, I’m trying my hand at the wonderful world of journalism after getting a dual associate degree in Journalism and Criminal Justice. When I’m not writing about video games or entertaining crowds I can be found reading my favorite books and watching movies.