Earlier this Summer, after Disney and Sony failed to come up with a new deal, Spider-Man was ripped out of the MCU. Fans will be delighted to know that they’ve finally established a deal after months of silence. Which made sense to do, otherwise both companies would lose a lot of money. After a long time of speculation, believing that Sony will incorporate Spider-Man into its ‘Spider/Venom-verse’, it’s nice to know that our Spider will be fighting alongside Dr. Strange and Thor. And with the breaking news that Disney and Sony have revived their partnership over the famous web-slinger, the order of the fourth phase of the MCU has also been updated.
Despite the news that Tom Holland will return to the screen alongside his MCU counterparts, we’ll have to wait a long time for Spiderman Homecoming 3. In fact, so far, it seems like it’ll be near the back end of upcoming titles. So here’s the current timeline of the release of Phase Four installments in the MCU, including Spider-Man’s third installment.
Marvel’s Phase Four Timeline
- We start with the Black Widow prequel on May 1st, 2020.
- Next up is the first of the Marvel Cinematic Universe series’, The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. This series runs throughout Fall of 2020.
- The first new entry into the MCU is up next. Eternals hits movie theatres on November 6th, 2020.
- Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings releases as the third movie in the fourth phase on February 12th, 2021.
- The next of the MCU series’ is WandaVision, running throughout Spring 2021.
- The much anticipated Loki series following the events of his escape in Endgame also releases in Spring 2021.
- Dr. Strange’s second movie, The Multiverse of Madness, comes out in May 2021.
- The 8th Installment of Phase Four is what you’ve all been waiting for. On July 16th, 2021, Spiderman: Home for Good (yep, I just made that title up), hits theatres.
- What If? is the fourth series releasing in Summer 2021.
- A Hawkeye series then follows in Fall.
- Phase Four, as we know so far (which will probably run on until 2023), ends with Thor: Love and Thunder.
So if you’re a Spider-Man fan above all other MCU characters, then you have a lot to sit through before the character is treated to his next movie. Hopefully, with the rest of the scheduled MCU series’ and movies, the next two years will go by smoothly. And without any more disagreements from Sony and Disney.
For more on the future of the MCU and other movie franchises, check out our other articles here on The Nerd Stash.
Callum is an avid writer, not just of gaming articles, but of short stories and scripts. Besides gaming, he enjoy travelling and trying new things.