Soryatonog Shrine in Tears of the Kingdom might be in plain sight, but solving it isn’t easy by any means. Zonai Devices are a fantastic addition to the Zelda franchise. You’ve got fans to make you fly up, balloons to traverse the sky, and flame emitters to look badass. And then there are Mirrors, which we guess are also good for something. The “Buried Light” Shrine tests your creativity by making you use familiar and unfamiliar Zonai Devices in ways you’d never expected. Though learning these mechanics will prove helpful in your gameplay, it’s easy to feel puzzled when trying to complete this Shrine.
How To Find Soryatonog Shrine Location in Tears of the Kingdom
You’ll find Soryatonog Shrine in Gerudo Town above the throne room. Though it’ll be hard to spot the town while the sandstorm is still clouding your vision, you can throw yourself into the sand tornadoes in the Gerudo Desert to fly upwards and catch a glimpse of your surroundings. Once you get there, the Buried Light Shrine will await you.
How To Solve Buried Light Shrine in Tears of the Kingdom
The first room of Soryatonog Shrine in Tears of the Kingdom gives you these elements to toy around:
- 1x Fan
- 1x Green door
- 3x Piles of Sand
Follow these steps to reach the next room:
- Use Ultrahand to dig out the Fan from the sand pile.
- Activate the Fan and grab with Ultrahand to clear all sand piles and uncover a treasure.
- Use the Small Key inside the treasure chest to open the green door.
The second room of Soryatonog Shrine in Tears of the Kingdom gives you these elements to toy around with:
- 2x Mirrors
- 1x Light-absorbing device
- 1x Source of Light
- 2x Fans
- 1x Fan Weapon
Follow these steps to unlock the treasure chest in Soryatonog Shrine in Tears of the Kingdom:
- Deal with the two Soldier Constructs in the room.
- Use a fan to clear the piles of sand and uncover a Mirror. You won’t use it yet.
- Clear a secret room entrance in the southeastern corner of the room.
- Clear the piles of sand with a Fan and watch out for the hidden Soldier Construct. Grab the Fan weapon and equip it.
- Use Ultrahand to attach one Fan on top of the other.
- Place both Fans against the north wall and jump to access an upper platform.
- Use the Fan Weapon to remove the sand impeding the cog from rotating.
- Open the treasure chest past the gates to get 10x arrows.
Now that that’s out of the way, it’s time to access the final statue room in Soryatonog Shrine in Tears of the Kingdom with these steps:
- Head back to the second room and ascend through the platform on your left.
- If you haven’t, deal with the Soldier Construct on the metallic platform.
- Clear the piles of sand with the Fan nearby to reveal the second Mirror and the Source of Light.
- Place the Mirror on top of the Source of Light to direct the light to the second room.
- Use Ascend on the platform to head back to the second room.
- Grabbing the first Mirror with Ultrahand, point at the Light-Absorbing Device for a couple of seconds until it turns green.
It’s time to proceed to the final room and claim your Light of Blessing.
Tears of the Kingdom is available on Nintendo Switch.